I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but this is brand new to me. Right now we are at the Ft. We usually stay 10 days in Dec. and March of every year. But since we did a Disney Cruise, staying 10 days was going to put us too close to returning to work. So I contacted my TA to handle canceling Sat and Sun. She informs me that what I have to do is, on the day we want to leave,be off the site by 11 am. I then need to go to the front desk. On the way I have to either text my TA so she can call the front desk. So later on I looked at my husband and said, what if they charge us for not giving them a 24 hr notice? If I am going to end up paying, I want to take advantage and stay. So we decided to stay Saturday and leave Sunday. In Dec our truck broke down. My TA immediately called and cancelled the first two days of our trip. They were only going to reimbursed for one day and not the other. The reason, because I did online check in. Figure that. When will the people who do things the right way and obey the rules, stop being penalized because of others who don't do things the right way and obey rules.

Your not cancelling your resevation, you are reducing your length of stay which what makes the difference. You only need to contact your TA so they know why their commission is reduced. As Carol said there is no other reason to have your TA involved.

Carol and Grumpy are correct. Once you check in the resort controls the reservation. You can go up front and tell them you need to leave early and they will take care of it. Even telling the TA is a courtesy ( thanks for that Dave) that just makes it easier on them for their paperwork.

Last year we had to cut our trip short because my husband was called backed to work. So I called central reservations. At first they could not find my resv. They then realized that I had a TA. She said Disney can not touch a resv. done by a TA. She would have to do it. My TA took care of that then. So then yesterday I contacted my TA to cancel the two days. After my TA told me about going to front I called central resv. The girl sounded like she was 15 and a trainee. She placed me on hold. Came back and told me I had to go up front. Then wait for it, wait for it she hung up on me! I didn't get to ask her about making another reservation in Dec. I didn't even get to take the survey. I then called the front and a CA told me I have to go up front. So off I went

Once you are checked in, you should be able to just contact the front desk and tell them you need to leave early. The last two nights will not be charged. Your TA need not be involved once you check in

this is what I thought. But in the past when I went to cancel, they (Disney) wouldn't touch it. So I went to my TA first, and the instructions about texting her after I have left the site came from Disney themselves when she called. Seems like the Carosel of progress and I can't get off. Lol!!

Ok, so we decided to wait till later to go up front to cancel Sunday's reservations. I went in it was very quiet. CM came out and after I explained what I wanted to do, he advised me to come back in the morning. He said things might get crossed and it would show we were off the site and someone may come in early and be knocking on our door. Which by the way I have had people waiting in the road till we had left. How they were even allowed back to the loop I don't know. Another time another story. So I will be going up front after I pack up

I see from your other posts that you called Central Reservations. Once you check in they are useless also. The Fort front desk is the only place that can do anything with your reservation once you are there.

Yep - this^

If you call CRO they won't let you alter a reservation if it was made by a TA - only the TA can do that.

However once you're there in person, the Front Desk should be able to help you.

After all that going back and forth, this morning I decided to call the front desk. Spoke to a wonderful CM name Dave. Asked me my site, made sure of my last name, told me I had a $35 credit. Said everything was done and there was no reason to come upfront. I guess it is who you talk to. So all that going back and forth for nothing. But thank you everyone for the help and suggestions.