From Orlando Theme Park News...

Guests staying at one of the Disney Resorts located around the Seven Seas Lagoon (such as the Grand Floridian, Polynesian Village, and Contemporary Resorts) or Bay Lake (the Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground) may experience noise impacts after Magic Kingdom closes on Friday, March 27, due to an overnight parade rehearsals at the park. Guests may ask the front desk during their stay for additional information.

Magic Kingdom is currently scheduled to close at 11pm on 3/27.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/03/overnight-noise-to-impact-magic-kingdom.html

It's just normal practice. Can't train and practice new CMs during the day. It happens more often than you think. At least once a month they have overnights for various entertainment throughout wdw. Sometimes you get lucky and they practice wishes too.

...Sometimes you get lucky and they practice wishes too.

That happened when we were in 300 a few years ago.  All of a sudden at close to midnight, and well after park close, fireworks started going off.  We were near the dog walk entrance so I walked over towards the beach to watch.

And yes, I was in my jammies.  8)

It's just normal practice. Can't train and practice new CMs during the day. It happens more often than you think. At least once a month they have overnights for various entertainment throughout wdw. Sometimes you get lucky and they practice wishes too.

This makes a ton of sense.  You can learn the moves in a warehouse, but it just wouldn't be right (or professional) to throw newbies into Main Street to a full crowd having never done the moves there.  This got me to thinking about when people want to use the theatre/auditorium at Thrill's school the week a show opens.  They say, "Hey the show isn't 'til Thursday night.  We could have a meeting in there Tuesday."  His response?  "Do you think we just come in there and open up a can of musical and pour it out on stage on opening night?"  You have to rehearse IN the space, people.    :facepalm: