Arrived last night, hooked up the cable, did the scan and nothing.......

Didn't have time to call the Front Desk, but will tonite.

Also, do I have to be there for them to fix it? (Not going to be around during the day at all). Not really gonna watch that much TV, but being able to see the radar is nice.

Or do the engineers have some tester to see if there is a signal actually coming from the box

I still haven't called them, but I rescan ed tonite and got about half the channels

Are you using a splitter??  If so, bypass the the short RG6 Coax cable and splitter and hook up a known working length of RG6 cable and try that. 

If not, inspect your cable ends for any damage as well as the ports on the pedestal and Camper/TV and/or the RG6 cable itself.  If all that looks good, take some moonshine over to a neighbors and ask them if you can briefly hook your tv directly up to their pedestal????

This is classic Fort Wilderness incompetent management stuff here.

They keep raising the rates, and keep failing at delivering on the few amenities offered.

Why is the cable signal weak or not working?  Has there been any communication from the "front desk" explaining things to guests?

TCD

Playing devils advocate....  has anyone complained to the front desk that they are having issues with the cable TV?

I know to a lot of people TV isn't that big a deal while they are at the Fort, and the ones that really want TV probably have a dish.

When I used to work for the cable company, we didn't know if someone or an area was having problems unless customers called us.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of remote monitoring on CATV now, like the power companies do, but we are talking the Fort here.

Playing devils advocate....  has anyone complained to the front desk that they are having issues with the cable TV?

I know to a lot of people TV isn't that big a deal while they are at the Fort, and the ones that really want TV probably have a dish.

When I used to work for the cable company, we didn't know if someone or an area was having problems unless customers called us.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of remote monitoring on CATV now, like the power companies do, but we are talking the Fort here.

Depending on the quality, age and type of coax cable could be the problem as well.  There are many types of Coax out there, some with only 1 shield or as high as 4 shields.  It also depends if it's rated to be underground as well.  Let's hope they used at least a good quality RG6U which has 4 shields (Foil/Braid/Foil/Braid).  I think average lifespan is around 20 years.

Ours has worked since we got here in JAN with the exception of about 10 min. All you have to do is look at how many connections are torn off the pedestal because of "IDIOT" campers and you will see why the system shorts out.

Depending on the quality, age and type of coax cable could be the problem as well.  There are many types of Coax out there, some with only 1 shield or as high as 4 shields.  It also depends if it's rated to be underground as well.  Let's hope they used at least a good quality RG6U which has 4 shields (Foil/Braid/Foil/Braid).  I think average lifespan is around 20 years.

For the length of cable I purchased, I bought the best stuff I could find, but I know it's only as good as what is feeding it to the pole.

Well color me stupid, when I hooked it up in the dark Sunday night I bent the pin.

But I honestly still don't know if the TV works, cause I was forced to get a Cable Modem. It appears my wireless thingy in my work laptop has died, cause it won't connect to the MiFi or my phone hotspot for more than 30 seconds.

I'll fool with the splitter once I get my work done.

Oy!!