HELP! HDDR or Raglan Road for Easter?

HELP! HDDR or Raglan Road for Easter?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I choose for Easter? More info below...

• Hoop Dee Doo Review
    • Raglan Road

I can't decide what to do for Easter. I've asked Jason, and he's no help. Oh, Easter is also our official 12 year anniversary, but we're celebrating it just the 2 of us at CG a few days later. Here are our choices for Easter:

Hoop Dee Doo Review

Pros:

• It's at the Fort, so makes the day easy. Plan for the day is a Fort day.
  • I booked early, so we'll have good seats.
  • It's always a good time, and it makes Z laugh until he snorts.
  • Maybe a holiday twist? 

Cons:

• We've done it semi-recently.

Raglan Road

Pros:

• We've never eaten there and like to try new things.
  • Jason is a fan of craft beer, and they seem to have the largest selection in Disney
  • Menu looks pretty good

Cons:

• Not very Easter-like
  • Construction at Downtown Disney
  • We can't just drive the golf cart there. 

I was so anti DD during construction until this weekend. The parking garage is NOT BAD!!! Yay!! The little light up number things to show you how many spaces are available were awesome. The traffic kept moving to get in, we did not sit still. And the walk is really not bad. And I did this with a baby and a stroller. On the way out we saw the valet, and since you have TIW, that would be free. We didnt use it bc we couldn't find it at first. It was by la nouba.

As far as easter, I bet they'll throw bunny ears on the dancers :)

Tip: dancing starts earlier than band. If you want live music, make your ressie a little closer to 7. Dancing to iPod music starts at 5. Both good.

Raglan is the best. Don't miss it.

I was so anti DD during construction until this weekend. The parking garage is NOT BAD!!! Yay!! The little light up number things to show you how many spaces are available were awesome. The traffic kept moving to get in, we did not sit still. And the walk is really not bad. And I did this with a baby and a stroller. On the way out we saw the valet, and since you have TIW, that would be free. We didnt use it bc we couldn't find it at first. It was by la nouba.

Tip: dancing starts earlier than band. If you want live music, make your ressie a little closer to 7. Dancing to iPod music starts at 5. Both good.

Forgot about that!!  :)

Since you'll be doing all the fun Fort activities during the day, I'd get cleaned up and bus it to DTD for a special evening.  You HAVE to go to Raglan Road....I mean seriously, it is one of the reasons I may return to Disney at some point.  Z will love dancing with the Irish dancers....and you will love watching it!  It will seem more like a nice night out since you've already done the Hoop and will be at the Fort all day anyways.  

Just tell Jason.....BEER, fish and chips, BEER, more beer.....and BREAD PUDDING!  

C'mon.  Just do it already.  

ADR is for 5:45. We won't have a car, so we'll have to take the bus. Does that change your mind?

Seriously. My vote is for RR. It's our favorite DTD restaurant. It has a great bar. Z will love the dancing. And the band is always good. I love the crock o pate. It's not for everyone but I love liver pate.

But I disagree with Mo. I'd catch the bus around 4:00-4:30. You want to sit at the bar and have drink before dinner.

Doesn't change my mind at all. Bus...even better.

545...enjoy your table and stay for the show at 7.

Here's the deal though. Tables in the dancing room, stage room, main room, whatever you want to call it, are pretty much reserved for people with reservations. You have a reservation. When you check in, make sure you verbally tell them you'd like a table in that room. It's two different experiences and since you are planning ahead, you get experience #1. :)

If you can push that reservation to later, like 630-645, that wouldn't be a bad idea. 7 is when things really get good. But 545 isn't bad. Just wait for a table in the main room and stay put for the show.