Hang onto your asparagus folks! 

Disney Food Blog has posted a review of The Boathouse, located at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. Apparently there was a typo in previous information and the asparagus is actually $12 not $21.  8)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/04/15/review-the-boathouse-at-disney-worlds-disney-springs/

Some excerpts...

Now, first thing I have to clear up — the side is $12, not $21, as was previously discussed. I know, I know. It’s still expensive. But I can tell you that it was incredibly good quality, came with a side of Hollandaise (woo!), and was more than enough for two people.

Boathouse-8-oz-Filet-and-Side-of-Asparag

The Legendary Side of Asparagus

Boathouse-Lobster-Cocktail-and-Oysters-o

Lobster Cocktail and Oysters on the Half Shell

Boathouse-Wild-Caught-Baja-Cocktail-Shri

Wild Caught Baja Shrimp Cocktail

Boathouse-Swordfish-Up-Close-600x401.jpg

Swordfish — Up Close

Boathouse-8-oz-Filet-With-All-Sauces-600

Eight-Ounce Filet Mignon, Pictured with All Sauce Choices

Boathouse-Shrimp-and-AndouBoathouseille-

Shrimp and Andouille Mac and Cheese — Up Close

Boathouse-Whiskey-Caramel-Cornbread-Cake

Whiskey Caramel Cornbread Cake — Up Close

Overall

So. What do we think of The Boathouse? Well. The jury is still out.

Across the board, the food that we ordered was good to great, and we enjoyed friendly, relaxed service. The setting is beautiful, with thoughtful, upscale detail. You really do feel like you’re dining at your chi-chi yacht club.

But — those prices. When I take a step back and look at them, they’re a little…well, pricey. $19 for Chicken Fingers? And still, we have sticker shock — albeit less so than previously — from that asparagus.

Yes, when The Boathouse comes online with the Disney Dining Plan (and we expect that it will), it will very likely be a Signature restaurant; and participating in the DDP will alleviate the issue of cost for some guests. But still, for these prices I want to have the best meal of my life. Can The Boathouse deliver that? We’ll see!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well now at least some folks can save a few bucks on their asparagus...  8)

The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs now offers passholder discounts 23 hours ago

After joining the Disney Dining Plan a couple of months ago, The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs now offers both Annual Pass and Disney Vacation Club discounts.

The lunch (11am to 4pm) discount is 15%, and dinner (from 4pm) discount is 10%. Savings can also be had on the Amphicar tours on the Village Lake.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/the-boathouse/news/17jul2015-the-boathouse-at-disney-springs-now-offers-passholder-discounts.htm

• 1 month later...

A review of lunch at The Boathouse from EatingWDW...

Lunch at The BOATHOUSE

the-boathouse-exterior.jpg?w=500&h=333

Over the weekend, Matt and I grabbed lunch with my mom and aunt over at The BOATHOUSE at Disney Springs. And with that sentence, I’m now just going to call it The Boathouse. Originally, I wasn’t planning on doing a post and just enjoy the meal, but Matt said a few snaps wouldn’t hurt, so that’s what these pictures are – quick snaps. And not even of everything. Matt and I like trying calamari when we see it on menus, and they do a good job here. I didn’t really care for the sauce, but Matt liked it. There wasn’t really any heat to the calamari itself, but I liked the added fried green onions and Serrano chilies. It’s also pricey for an appetizer at $18 (though everything is pricey here being considered “Signature Dining”), but I felt it was a large portion with plenty to share. Alone it could be a meal, but two shared appetizers for variety would certainly work.

the-boathouse-hoisin-chili-calamari.jpg?

For his entree, Matt ordered the Steak Sandwich. It’s currently (as of this post) not listed on the Disney menu website, but it is on The Boathouse’s official website. I’m going to think that the official website will/is updated more frequently than Disney’s, so I recommend checking both when making your plans. Anyway, the Steak Sandwich features Arugula, Grilled Beefsteak, Tomato, BOATHOUSE Steak Sauce on Toasted Ciabatta and is served with Fries. Matt had already dug in at this point – there is a second half to this sandwich. You can see some of the steak that fell out. :)

the-boathouse-steak-sandwich.jpg?w=500&h

Matt took this shot of the side, so you can see how the steak is somewhere between medium rare and medium. Steak sandwiches can be tricky, but the steak itself was fairly tender, so it wasn’t a struggle to eat.

the-boathouse-steak-sandwich-2.jpg?w=500

My mom and I each ordered the Gibsons “Sandwich King” Burger Hop Champion, which features Crispy Cherry Peppers, Jalapeno Havarti, and Spiced Mayo (my aunt ordered the Classic Burger without all the frills). The second pickle on the plate was from Matt’s dish. I ordered this on our first visit and really enjoyed it. The burger was cooked rare as requested, but once again I found myself eating it with a knife and fork since it’s sort of a hot mess to pick up.

the-boathouse-gibsons-sandwich-king-burg

I like the fries here here. They’re cut slim, crispy, and nicely seasoned. Much like the burger, these aren’t the “Disney standard” to which I often refer (I know – it’s under management by Gibsons Restaurant Group). I also ordered a Moscow Mule, which was quite good (you can see the copper mug in the photo above).

the-boathouse-fries.jpg?w=500&h=500

We had a wonderful time, great service, and delicious food to start off our afternoon together. My mom hadn’t been to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs in years, so she had fresh eyes to all the changes. In all, the trip to The Boathouse was a success, and I look forward to trying more of their menu items in the future (but the Gibson is a darn good burger).

http://eatingwdw.com/2015/09/17/lunch-at-the-boathouse-2/