First Time - Premium Site with 4 little kids

This will be our first time staying at the Fort and we are coming for Thanksgiving week.   We have rented an RV and reserved a Premium site, but I would love some suggestions for loops.   I have 4 kids (3-11) that will likely bring bikes or scooters and my friend who is also coming has a 6 year old and will have her own RV.  

I have read where a lot of people recommend the inner 1400 Loop for small kids that may want to ride bikes.    Not sure what to even ask - just want a great experience with the "best loop" possible.

Any suggestions?

Welcome!

The inner loop of the 1400 loop (aka Little Bear Path) is a great choice.

But there are only 15 campsites on the inner loop, and you're coming at a busy time.

You had better have some alternative choices.  I think the 1200/1300 loops would be a good second choice.  They're close to the pool and Meadow Trading Post, and share a nice playground at the entrance of the 1300 loop.

TCD

Welcome!

The inner loop of the 1400 loop (aka Little Bear Path) is a great choice.

But there are only 15 campsites on the inner loop, and you're coming at a busy time.

You had better have some alternative choices. I think the 1200/1300 loops would be a good second choice. They're close to the pool and Meadow Trading Post, and share a nice playground at the entrance of the 1300 loop.

TCD

I agree with TCD! I have 4 under 12 myself.

I have had great luck with requesting Little Bear 1400 inner loop specifically asking for it because I have 4 little ones that want to ride their bikes. But 1200/1300 loops work great too because of the nice playground for those ages at the entrance.

I also requested to not be near any water when I had toddlers for safety reasons.

I also requested to not be near any water when I had toddlers for safety reasons.

That's a huge issue with some of the sites on the outer loop of the 1400 loop which have a sharp drop off to the canal.  I'd be scared to death to have a young child on some of those sites.  There are a number of sites on 1300 which back up to the canal too. 

TCD

Thanks everyone!  Those are great suggestions and I will call and add them to our requests.  I understand that I should also fax the request when the time gets closer.  Is that correct?

And to throw another option in the mix, my friend said she may want to bring her dog which means she would need a dog loop.   I read that the dog loops are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800 and 900 for Premium.   If she decides to bring her, any suggestions for those loops?

Sounds like you got some suggestions already, so I just wanted to jump in and say  :jumpforjoy  Welcome!!!

Have a really great trip!  We leave on the 15th of November, so will probably miss you... but look around for Fiends signs and make sure you pop-in to say hi!

Thanks everyone!  Those are great suggestions and I will call and add them to our requests.  I understand that I should also fax the request when the time gets closer.  Is that correct?

And to throw another option in the mix, my friend said she may want to bring her dog which means she would need a dog loop.   I read that the dog loops are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800 and 900 for Premium.   If she decides to bring her, any suggestions for those loops?

Yes- request your loop every way you can:  when you make the reservation, when you do on-line check-in, and fax a request about 5 days before you arrive.

This friend your asking about is the same one with the six year old, right?  I assume you would like to be close to each other.  If you're in 1200/1300, 900 would be a good choice.  500 or 800 would be good if you're in 1400.

TCD

Thanks everyone! Those are great suggestions and I will call and add them to our requests. I understand that I should also fax the request when the time gets closer. Is that correct?

And to throw another option in the mix, my friend said she may want to bring her dog which means she would need a dog loop. I read that the dog loops are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800 and 900 for Premium. If she decides to bring her, any suggestions for those loops?

900 is a nice quiet loop. 800 loop is huge which means busy and more traffic. The 700 loop's comfort station is across the busy main road which can be a concern moving little ones across if you use the comfort stations heavily. 500/600 are near the most grown up playground in the Fort and the dog park.

With 4 small children you would want to stay towards the front on the 1200/1300 loops. The ones along the backside of the loops backup to a canal which you might not want to have so close,  although the wildlife is fun to watch in the morning. The shared comfort station is also near the entrances on these loops and is another thing to consider if you need to frequent access to  it.