DW and I were really interested in the small Airstream TTs, but have since been looking at the R-pods.

I've been reading on the R-pod owners forum and browsing the floor plans & photos, etc..

I really like this compact, light weight trailer, especially the models with the garage.

Have Any Fiends ever owned an R-pod, or had experiences?

It seems that a lot of R-pod owners had recently graduated from popups.

The Rod is a bit bigger than a tab and taller with a roof top air conditioner. I was actually impressed with the very first one I saw. It had bunks on one end, a dinette on the other, and the kitchen and bath in the middle. If I had seen them side by side when I bought my tab, I might have gotten the Rpod, but they came out a couple years later. The newer floor plans are odd to me.

At the FROG rally ( Forest River Owners Group ) there is a large amount of R-Pods represented and are their own tight little group, FROG even groups them all together in what they call the R-Pod Village. They all seem to really like them and I do not think you could go wrong with one. Even told the wife if anything happens to me to continue to camp and get one, would be perfect for her small but roomy and easy to handle & tow.

Thanks Yall.

The only con I can find so far is that they don't use a mechanical awning, it appears to be an optional tent attachment.

I had looked at the T@B trailers as well (online), but I like that the R-pod has a bathroom, even if it's rather minimal.

There is a brand new R-pod floor plan that features a large bathroom rather than the wet bath, THAT'd be nice.

At the 1st FROG Rally we went to they did a stunt to see how many we could fit in a R-Pod, kind of like the old VW thing, we ended up with 17 inside, not sure what floor plan but the owner was in the bathroom.

We looked at the R Pods when we got our Palomini 142CK. Feature wise they are very similar although the R Pod at the time cost more. In the end we went with Palomini because the tradition box didn't feel as cramped as the curved R Pod. We were also able to find a model in stock with permanent queen size bed and dinette in the Palomini where all of the R Pods required us to break down the dinette to sleep. Another thing we preferred in the Palomini was the bath being in the back corner as opposed to the middle of the trailer. Doing it over I would still seriously consider either trailer. My one recommendation regardless of what you decide on is to get a model with a slide out kitchen. We didn't. While we are perfectly happy without a slide there are times such as when we are cooking that the extra room would be nice.

Kieth, I just glanced at the Palomini, very nice except for like you mentioned, no slide and the tiny wet bath. I do like the width though.

The R-pods are limited in width, with the side walls between the wheels.

The newest R-pod floor plan, the RP-183G has a slide, a large bath AND the garage in the back, which I really like, just to create an outside kitchen/TV/liquid refreshment area without having to trapes in&out all the time.

But the larger bath means they've eliminated the separate bed. I really wouldn't want to have to make the bed every night just for 2 of us.

But until then, it's very livable inside & out.

When we were looking it was between the R Pod RP-171 and the Palomini 142CK. Having the permanent bed and dinette was important to us so that limited us to fewer trailer makes and models. Another limitation was the weight. What ever we purchased had to be towable by our 2001 Explorer. We will be replacing it in a year or two with something bigger so weight will be less of a constricting factor next go around. While 4-5 years is a long ways off we have liked some of the slightly larger trailers that push 5000 lbs GVW. Not only do they have the permanent bed and dinette but have larger bathrooms. While we haven't done any real research we have liked the walkthroughs we've had of the ultra light Winnebago's and Camplite's.

I guess another question to ask is how much towing capacity does your TV have? If it is pretty high this could open a wider selection if you don't mind a somewhat larger trailer.

I do like the idea of a regular bed and decent size bathroom, and I know DW would as well.

Our TV is an 05 Nissan Armada, so it will handle about 9,000 lbs I believe.

I just don't really want to be hauling anything over 20 feet long.

In the future, I may replace the Armada with a Toyota Tacoma, so whatever the capacity they are, would be important. That's why I figured the R-pods would work.

But there's definitely a lot of quality rigs out there in the same neighborhood.

The Rod is a bit bigger than a tab and taller with a roof top air conditioner. I was actually impressed with the very first one I saw. It had bunks on one end, a dinette on the other, and the kitchen and bath in the middle. If I had seen them side by side when I bought my tab, I might have gotten the Rpod, but they came out a couple years later. The newer floor plans are odd to me.

Carol,

Do you ever see yourselves upgrading size-wise from your T@B in the future?

Carol,

Not replacing, bit adding to. If I ever get to retire, and Rick is still healthy enough to travel, we also want a Class C, pulling a TOAD. i want a walkaroinr bed mostly.

I'll never get rid of the T@B.

Carol,

Not replacing, bit adding to. If I ever get to retire, and Rick is still healthy enough to travel, we also want a Class C, pulling a TOAD. i want a walkaroinr bed mostly.

Carol,

Too much "libation" at WWW? :rofl3: