Ok.......I'm sure this topic has been discussed over and over and over, but I cant find it  lol

We bought our first RV in Oct of last year and packed it away for a blustery NY winter and took it to the Fort this past March for spring break and we loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was our first trip ever so I'm scared it's all downhill after the Fort but were going to keep an open mind. We had such an amazing time were planning on going twice a year now and are planning on next May and December so here's my question to the fiends. Have any of you actually spent Christmas there at the Fort and if so how far ahead did you have to book it to make sure you had a spot? Do they do any special dinners at the Fort on Christmas Eve or Christmas day? I know its going to be crazy busy but we want to do it at least once while the kids are still young enough. I also looked online to about booking it but only goes out to this December and when I called they don't even show anything available yet.

Any information or advice would be great and Thanks in advance   =_)

Mike

First of all welcome

Our first time at the fort was Christmas 2012. We actually were staying at Port Orleans Riverside but had reservations at Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I fell in love with it instantly. As a matter of fact I met a member of this board at the Fort who introduced me to this group of knuckleheads.

As luck would have it she was a TA and we booked our first trip to the Fort with her a few days later.

The Fort sells out fast for Christmas and can be difficult to book at that time of the year. So book as soon as you can. If you are having a difficult time booking it. I'd recommend contacting Katman...Jason. He's a TA and a super guy that I'm sure can help you. I think your looking into Christmas 2016. If that is the case I think you can book it 499 days before your arrival. I'm not 100% sure if that's correct but trust me. If I'm wrong. Someone will be along shortly to correct me.

I don't remember if they any special dinners at the Fort. I think Mickeys Backyard BBQ did something special. But there are lots of Disney restaurants that do. I do know Santa came by for a visit and the place is absolutely beautiful with all the Christmas decorations and a lot of people go overboard decorating their campsites.

I havent stayed at the Fort for Christmas yet but will this Christmas coming. I have stayed at Disney before and while busy if doing parks if you have a solid plan and its not a first trip it can be a very good time. 

You can book a site only reservation 499 day in advance as Ray stated. If you know the days you want for a holiday like that booking sooner than later is a good idea. It fills up fast and can be really hard to get if you wait to long. In order to book 2016 at this point you would have to call it in or have a TA such as myself do it for you. Online booking should open up probably in July. 

I believe Christmas day Trail's End does some things a little different in terms of a Christmas dinner but havent been there yet myself to be sure what they have. 

The Fort at Christmas is awesome!!!! We stayed for a week that included Christmas and ate at Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Christmas Day. There's a link to my full trip report in my signature, and you can get more details and info than you'd probably want from that. :) 

We stayed Christmas 2013.  We booked in August 2012.  You have to book as far out as they allow which I believe is 499 days.  It fills up really fast.

As for the experience, it was wonderful.  Disney knows how to do Christmas right!

This past Christmas was our first time staying at the Fort for the Holidays and we had a great time...We decided late and Jason saved the day for us...I agree resort hopping to see the decorations was a lot of fun but the BEST was cruising around  the Fort and checking out all of the awesome decorations at everyone's camp sites!! Plan to bring some decorations of your own if you can fit them in...We are returning again this year and look forward to meeting you!

I just want to throw this out there. We have done Christmas, Easter, and Halloween at the Fort and although all are fun Halloween is hands down the best with Easter a close second. Halloween activities are fun and the parks aren't as busy as other holidays (although the Fort is max capacity). We enjoyed our Christmas at the Fort but we won't repeat it like we do Halloween nearly every year for the past decade.

I just want to throw this out there. We have done Christmas, Easter, and Halloween at the Fort and although all are fun Halloween is hands down the best with Easter a close second. Halloween activities are fun and the parks aren't as busy as other holidays (although the Fort is max capacity). We enjoyed our Christmas at the Fort but we won't repeat it like we do Halloween nearly every year for the past decade.

That is surprising. Halloween is better than Christmas? I've never been to the Fort at Halloween but I have been at Christmas. So I can't compare the two. But isn't the Halloween holiday a lot shorter than the Christmas holiday?

The Fort is awesome at Christmas! We have been going for several years & love it. When the kids were younger we would go to the parks in Christmas & do s character meal but now we go to Mass at the Contemporary & then eat at a different place at a different resort each time. Yes looping, walking around the fort is great to see all the decorations. Sitting at your site & watching all the decorated golf carts & carriages go by is actually fun! We also love to resort hop & see all the decorations. We now only do about 4 park days & spend the rest at the fort, resort hopping, downtown Disney. I couldn't think of anywhere better to be at Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew joining this site was good move. =_)

Thank you all so much for all your input. I have to admit I was really wondering about Halloween as well. We moved to NY a few years ago from Napa CA and some of our best trips to Disneyland were for Halloween. Disneyland really does Halloween right.

I guess I'll sit back and countdown to the 499 day mark so I can book Christmas for 2016. Meanwhile I'll continue to work on building my Mickey lamp post. Word to the wise......if you plan on building one and order the globes from Home Depot, the small nub on the top of the large globe is NOT top dead center lol. So if you see a Mickey head lamp around the Fort at some point and the head looks like It's leaning to the right a bit.....it is and it's not playing tricks on your eyes lol

I knew joining this site was good move. =_)

I think most of us would agree that becoming a Fiend was a smart move!

That is surprising. Halloween is better than Christmas? I've never been to the Fort at Halloween but I have been at Christmas. So I can't compare the two. But isn't the Halloween holiday a lot shorter than the Christmas holiday?

Most of our Halloween trips have been when Halloween fell mid-week so that meant a lot of activities on not only the weekend before but Halloween Day too. 

We enjoy the Headless Horseman coming to the campfire, the golf cart parade, the jack o latern contest, and the  site decorating contest in addition to trick or treating.