New and recent policy changes for Norwegian Cruise Line

Just a heads up so no one is caught unaware. Recently Norwegian introduced an expanded room service menu with a $7.95 fee. Now they have instituted a new policy that you cant take food out of designated dining areas. 

I know I personally had some meals where I just wanted some peace. I spend a lot of time solitary driving around for work and sometimes on our cruise the crowds got to be a bit much so I retreated to the serenity of our room and/or balcony. Guess that would no longer be an option for me if I chose to cruise NCL. 

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6346

Any thoughts on this from the rest of you?

Not good. There's a million different reasons why you may need to take food too your room. Someone doesn't feel well, kids fell asleep before dinner, being over stimulated, etc. When we cruised, if we needed to get moving early, one of us would go to the buffet and grab fruit, muffins, yogurt, etc and bring it back to the room so we could eat and get ready faster.

If they said no taking food from the buffet/dining room you must use room service instead so that people aren't carrying food all over I could understand but not making your only option be paying an up charge for room service.

Norwegian gets a lot of flack in the cruise industry for being the line that nickles and dimes guests the most. I think they even charge for some of the shows. 

On our last cruise, we did room service breakfast almost every port day. Royal still offers hot breakfast, and it was great to feed Z a a leisurely pace while we got ready for excursions. Likewise, one night he was too tired for dinner. 

The room service meal is still free right?  7.95 is like a delivery fee.    Sounds to me like they are trying to help cover the cost of delivery and clearing the dishes and maybe even the cost extra inventory of service items that they have to carry because they are spread around the ship instead of where they can be quickly cleaned and reused.

SMB if you ask me.