I have Lake Buena Vista set as one of my locations on Accuweather.  Just went to see what the radar looked like here (it's pouring buckets at the moment) and saw that LBV is currently cloudy and 89 with a "real feel" temperature of...

wait for it

107!!

Thanks for the heads up Mo.  Took dogs for a walk and not raining in my neighborhood yet, but lots of clouds heading this way and can hear the sky grumbling.  Emptied the rain gauge,  2 1/2 " of rain that fell last night.  I thought that storm wouldn't end, lots of rain, wind and noise.

DH, 2 dogs, 1 cat and I  went on a camping trip this summer in the hybrid.  My pets never showed fear or worry about thunder storms or lightning until we went thru a big, very noisy thunder storm in the camp ground in VA.  CRASHBOOM!!! the dogs and I were laying on one of the tent ends and that sounded like it was right outside the camper.  Lucky came up and laid real close to me and Lacey looked over her shoulder at me as if to say WTF was that?

Ever since I've noticed when we have storms she is very near me.  If I'm on the computer she sits under the desk looking up at me and saying turn that thing OFF!  So taking a clue from her, I do.

At least storms this late in the day help to cool the air some.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know what's going one with the weather, climate change, mad scientist, etc (maybe old age and weight gain). but if you are heading to the Fort or anywhere at Disney watch out.   We are having mi

Are you sure you aren't describing NC?

We hit a few days of 80s humidity in the last couple of weeks, and now we're back to "normal" - which is A-OK with me.   I think I'd burst into flames if I was there - after first melting into a puddl

You haven't been in the Mid-West much have you?  We get very similar weather here, especially in the Spring. 50/60 mph winds, thunder, lightning, hail and rain falling at 2" an hour. We were in the Chicago area a couple years ago and the SENECA was even rocking and we had the leveling jacks down.  Boy is it fun!!! :panic:

We had a big one go by the campground we  were using when visiting Rene's folks in the western suburbs of Chicago this past May. No hail fortunately but it had tornado warnings and you could see cyclonic activity in the clouds. The campground owners came around to suggest folks go to the laundromat under the office if it got any worse. We stuck it out but agree we had never felt that much movement in the TT before.