• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't know what's going one with the weather, climate change, mad scientist, etc (maybe old age and weight gain). but if you are heading to the Fort or anywhere at Disney watch out.   We are having mi

Are you sure you aren't describing NC?

We hit a few days of 80s humidity in the last couple of weeks, and now we're back to "normal" - which is A-OK with me.   I think I'd burst into flames if I was there - after first melting into a puddl

So what's the weather been like at the Fort the last couple of weeks?

We got back from our NY road trip Tuesday the 21st, and in Tampa we've had rain every day (YES I KNOW IT'S THE RAINY SEASON)!

This weather is a little unusual even for Summer in FL.

Normal would be a couple of days of rain, on and off with some clearing during parts of the day, then a couple of nice days.

We've been lucky if we go 2 hours without rain, then we get annoying drizzles, or torrential downpours these last 2 weeks.

But I see a couple of fiend posts that they are going to the parks and water parks.

So is an Ark needed to get around the Fort, or is it just the Gulf Coast getting hammered?

It's been raining everyday since we've been to the Fort,... Every.Day.

It's been averaging 2-4x a day sometimes a quick shower but it's been a downpour

But yesterday and today it's been pouring pretty consistently

32b402d833850e0cdb903b45d393fa1e.jpg

Currently driving to Publix to grab more food,.... But pretty dreary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been raining everyday since we've been to the Fort,... Every.Day.

It's been averaging 2-4x a day sometimes a quick shower but it's been a downpour

But yesterday and today it's been pouring pretty consistently

32b402d833850e0cdb903b45d393fa1e.jpg

Currently driving to Publix to grab more food,.... But pretty dreary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry you've had such rough weather! ! I hope you've still been able to experience some magic!

Woke up to a downpour.  It's been raining hard 2 1/2 hours.  Now streets in our area that usually stay clear are getting some flooding.

It was a fun drive into work this morning, made worse by the idiots that decide they are going to plow thru standing water at 40 mph (on city streets) throwing water into the on-coming lanes above the car tops, and others that decide to tailgate so close you can't see their headlights or the front of their car in your rearview.

As long as I can see the lane markers, I know the water isn't too deep to drive thru as long as I stay near the center line.

Drive home last night was uneventful, in fact it was one of the quickest drives I've had in ages. 

I think a lot of people got sent home early or didn't even try to go to work, so traffic was very light.

It wasn't raining, the roads I used were mostly dry.

There's this weird glowing thing in the sky today, not to sure what it is, haven't seen anything like it in about 18 days!

Parts of South Tampa still have flooded streets, and Pasco County north of Tampa has evacuated entire neighborhoods and trailer parks due to severe flooding. One river had overflowed it's banks 2 days ago, and is supposed to crest sometime this afternoon.

Luckily my house/yard is slightly elevated from street level, so we have stayed dry, plus the drainage in my neighborhood usually does it's job.

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Orlando last night. The skies opened up about 7:30. One of those storms where you can't see more than one car length in front of you. It lasted for about 45 minutes

You should have seen the rain and lightning here last night. Amazing.

I've never experienced anything quite like a rip roaring Florida thunderstorm.

I've never experienced anything quite like a rip roaring Florida thunderstorm.

You haven't been in the Mid-West much have you?  We get very similar weather here, especially in the Spring. 50/60 mph winds, thunder, lightning, hail and rain falling at 2" an hour. We were in the Chicago area a couple years ago and the SENECA was even rocking and we had the leveling jacks down.  Boy is it fun!!! :panic: