How to stay more than 14 days? Annual Pass Discounts?

Newly retired and would like to spend January and February at Fort Wilderness in 2016.  Called CRO and 14 days is max reservation time.  Cast Member suggested making multiple reservations for the different classes of campsite, and moving every 14 days.  This seems like a hassle packing up and going through the checkout/in process 4 times.  

How have others gotten around this problem?  Making multiple reservations for the same class of campsite and hoping FW staff will leave me on the same site seems to be a long shot that the request will be honored.

I noted the nightly price jumps dramatically around Valentine's Day from Value to Peak rates.  CRO said there are no long term "Winter Settler" rates any longer, and long term stays are discouraged.  Yet when I visit FW, I note the same people (with the same Christmas Decorations) year after year in the same spot for extended stays.   How does a new RVer make such a request?

With the end of AAA discounts, it appears the Annual Pass holder is the only discount available, and website does not specify IF discount will apply to campsites (cabins in FW have discount as any other hotel on property).  I want to know if any other RVers have purchased Annual Pass for the discounts as opposed to making daily park visits.

Jim Hamilton

Reservations are in 30 day blocks and a deposit is required for each reservation, been doing that for the last 5 years. AP was even more elusive than AAA, have never been able to get one, but we got AAA when it was available.  Also you do not have to move, your reservations are linked and you just go up and re-register every 30 days.

Do yourself a favor and let our TA in residence, Jason, make the reservations.

WELCOME!

Unfortunately CRO gave you some incorrect info (it happens).

As Dave said, room only reservations at the Fort max out at 30 days (not 14) and you can book as many consecutive 30 day reservations as you like (or are available).  As long as they're for the same class of site (full, preferred, premium) you very likely will not have to move.

This is what the folks you see that are staying long-term at the Fort are doing.  There are no longer any sort of length-of-stay discounts, so your nightly rate will fluctuate with weekends, holidays and if you move from one rate "season" into another (i.e., value, regular, peak...)

As for long-term stays being "discouraged"... also not true.

AP discounts are sometimes available for campsites, but not all the time and they aren't generally very deep.

The cast member may have been confused or quoting a certain thing. If you buy a package with tickets there is a 14 day max on a reservation. If you book a room only reservation and buy your tickets and or AP separately you can book up to 30 days.

If staying longer than thirty you can have them MK led as a continuing reservation so you should not have to switch sites. That is not guaranteed but I have only had one instance of a client having to move and that was because of construction that came up for their loop.

AP discounts are sometimes available but very rare for the campsites. Mostly come up for the Cabins.

If you want any assistance please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to help you out any way I can and it is at no additional cost to you.