As we were leaving this morning 900 is still closed, and there is at least one additional trench being dug between the Comfort Station and the road. Maybe some other work being done further back in, but I was in a hurry and couldn't stop to snoop anymore.

Thanks for the update!

You are correct.  This secret was revealed in a trip report I wrote back in April, 2010 on another site.  Here's an excerpt from that TR:

FWHalloween2009343.jpg

FWApril2010146.jpg

6%2013%2015%20222_zpsead3sbod.jpg

Amazing to see how much the vegetation has grown in 5 years. 

It seems like only yesterday you were complaining about them clearing out all the 'invasive plants'.

Any Starlight mints in the Trick-or-Treat bowls??

Actually, the last couple of years, it has been a large travel trailer instead of a 5th wheel, so it was upgraded at some point, but maybe they'll upgrade again.

Now that you mention it, it was a really long travel trailer in there the last time I looked.

6%2013%2015%20222_zpsead3sbod.jpg

Amazing to see how much the vegetation has grown in 5 years. 

It seems like only yesterday you were complaining about them clearing out all the 'invasive plants'.

Any Starlight mints in the Trick-or-Treat bowls??

That's a very good point.

I think they got extra bushy plants since they must pay the Fort big bucks to have that spot continuously like that.

And no, we didn't pass out any starlight mints that year.

TCD

We stayed in loop 900 about a year ago and there was water issues. We didn't have water for about a day and a half they had some sort of water pipe break by the bathrooms. So it was in much need of repair...Then when the water was turned on I did laundry and all my white clothes were turned yellow. It looked like rust. Hope all gets fixed. Cant wait to get back to to the Fort. Will be there for Halloween!

It floods over there every time it rains in that spot hope they are fixing that and The Lazy Dayz TT was a Big Park model Wildwood before the Fifth Wheel was brought in this year. My guess is there is a little sweetheart deal they have with the Mouse. If you look around at all the special events they use Class C motorhomes all the time. almost always Coachman leprechauns.

One of the local RV places or manufacturers (forget which) have a camping trailer parked at the Fort. For the last couple of years, it's been parked on site 905. They allow employees and family to camp in the trailer at the Fort. It just sits there, and folks show up.

I know Lazydays has one, I saw it when i was searching them as a dealer to buy from, looking at the benefits the employees get...