My Father-in-Law gave me these two pictures he found while rummaging through his desk. These were from the week before Christmas, 1994.

MGM19952_zpsoo6vckg5.jpg

MGM19951_zpsvjuwkt8p.jpg

Even though I was there, I do not recall a train set in front of the Great Movie Ride around a Christmas Tree. Anyone else remember this? Since the BAH is gone, will this setup make a re-appearance this year for Christmas?

That was my first trip to Disney World. My Future Father-in-Law invited me to go with them for Christmas and we stayed at the Fort. I cannot remember the loop and we cannot find any pictures of the camp site. There are two things I remember. The Tower of Terror only made one drop and it was over and in Maelstrom, there was a tunnel that spun while the boat passed through it. My next trip to Disney World wasn't until 2003 and we stayed in the Wilderness Lodge. The MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed I have ever tried to sleep on. It was miserable. That was our very first family trip. 

I always like it when they decorate the little town during Food & Wine - complete with teeny tiny F&W banners.

I agree- and they also decorate it for the Flower and Garden Festival.

That was my first trip to Disney World. My Future Father-in-Law invited me to go with them for Christmas and we stayed at the Fort. I cannot remember the loop and we cannot find any pictures of the camp site. There are two things I remember. The Tower of Terror only made one drop and it was over and in Maelstrom, there was a tunnel that spun while the boat passed through it. My next trip to Disney World wasn't until 2003 and we stayed in the Wilderness Lodge. The MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed I have ever tried to sleep on. It was miserable. That was our very first family trip. 

TOT with one drop I remember.

But a spinning tunnel in Maelstrom?

Did you eat a worm in Mexico before you got to Norway?

TCD

I swear I remember the boat going through a tunnel and the tunnel spun around. It was to simulate the storm. Maybe I am just nuts...

Since I had the pleasure of meeting. I can confirm your nuts. But the spinning tunnel does ring a bell. I think I remember a storm tunnel. Or maybe I'm think about the nemo ride at the Seas. Lol.
My Father-in-Law gave me these two pictures he found while rummaging through his desk. These were from the week before Christmas, 1994.

Even though I was there, I do not recall a train set in front of the Great Movie Ride around a Christmas Tree. Anyone else remember this? Since the BAH is gone, will this setup make a re-appearance this year for Christmas?

Yes, I remember seeing the train you're talking about. It was at Christmas time at least 10 years ago, probably more, and it was in the grassy area in front of the Great Movie Ride on your right as you walked toward the entrance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk