Which way do you travel to get to FW?

Since we are from Ohio, we take the West Virginia Turnpike to I-95 ( I'm sure I'm missing a few other roads but those are the main ones) to I-4.

We've never taken the I-75 route. We've always heard it's congested near Atlanta. Has anyone ever taken the way?

We are in Massachusetts & have tried two different ways. The first time we tried taking I81 & that was absolutely horrible. There was tons of traffic & at the time construction all thru PA. We ended cutting east on 64 I think to 15 to I95 in VA. This last time we took i95 all the way & just tried to time hitting the big cities. That worked out fantastic. I know a lot of people really like I81 because it scenic & toll free but we definitely had a better trip on I95. We were just debating whether to try 81 again this time or stick to I95.

For us it depends on when we leave, if we leave in the o dark thirty time( early am) we go right down 95, if later in the day with a stop for the night we will take 301 down to 95. Most of the time from there it's right down 95 to Rt 4

We normally use I75 especially if the weather is bad (snow). but have been taking 75 to Ohio 15 at Findley to US23 to Columbus then I270 to Ohio 33 south and catch I77To I26.Then I95 South to the Daytona and I4 to Orlando. It's only about an hour longer but less construction and traffic.

We normally use I75 especially if the weather is bad (snow). but have been taking 75 to Ohio 15 at Findley to US23 to Columbus then I270 to Ohio 33 south and catch I77To I26.Then I95 South to the Daytona and I4 to Orlando. It's only about an hour longer but less construction and traffic.

You're only 40 minutes from me when you get on 270! :D

Seems like most of us take I-95. We will probably still take that route...was just wondering if either way was better. I hate the West VA turnpike! Once past it, it's pretty good.

You're only 40 minutes from me when you get on 270! :rofl2:

Seems like most of us take I-95. We will probably still take that route...was just wondering if either way was better. I hate the West VA turnpike! Once past it, it's pretty good.

I hate Atlanta traffic even more and as long as the weather is good I don't mind going that way.

We get to the Columbus area maybe twice a year for business :D

We'll be hitting Atlanta about 1 pm on a friday.  Anybody know what that will be like?

If you do hit it around 1 pm you should be ok.  Assuming you are heading north or south on 75, I would stay right on 75 through downtown and not take the beltway.  In my experience the beltway is usually worse than the mainline. 

We'll be hitting Atlanta about 1 pm on a friday.  Anybody know what that will be like?

If you do hit it around 1 pm you should be ok.  Assuming you are heading north or south on 75, I would stay right on 75 through downtown and not take the beltway.  In my experience the beltway is usually worse than the mainline.

That's been our experience too. It's just plain scary going around, definitely a xanax moment :rofl2:

Now we live in North Carolina right off 52.  If you pick up 52 South off of 77 up at the VA/NC line.  52 into 85 into Charlotte.  Just on the other side of Charlotte we pick up 26 then I95 South.  As long as you're not during rush hour Charlotte has never given us trouble.

Oh we pick I81 any day over I95 to head home to family in PA and NJ. Make that trip 3-6 times a year.  I do take I95 North when I am by myself with the kids a lot and I would much rather be on 81.

Now we live in North Carolina right off 52.  If you pick up 52 South off of 77 up at the VA/NC line.  52 into 85 into Charlotte.  Just on the other side of Charlotte we pick up 26 then I95 South.  As long as you're not during rush hour Charlotte has never given us trouble.

Oh we pick I81 any day over I95 to head home to family in PA and NJ. Make that trip 3-6 times a year.  I do take I95 North when I am by myself with the kids a lot and I would much rather be on 81.

Can I ask where in Pa and NJ do you have family?  Hubs and I are grew up in NJ and I was born in Pa.

I go 81 and then cut across to 95 just north of Richmond.  The 81 construction was done when we went through in November/December.

Came back 95 though and that was fine.  I live near Worcester, MA.  I leave to head down at 6pm and stop around midnight usually.  I just can't make it far enough south to make that worth it to me to go 95 south all the way.

Dan

We live in Canada, about 25 miles west of where I-81 ends at the Canadian border.  We take I-81 to VA where we catch I-77 to I-26 and then I-95 to I-4.  No significant traffic to deal with and the construction on I-81 in PA is about complete.

The only bypass we take is 9A at Jacksonville, FL.

I go 81 and then cut across to 95 just north of Richmond.  The 81 construction was done when we went through in November/December.

Came back 95 though and that was fine.  I live near Worcester, MA.  I leave to head down at 6pm and stop around midnight usually.  I just can't make it far enough south to make that worth it to me to go 95 south all the way.

Dan

Same here. We leave the South Shore area and take I95 to 287 to the Tappen Zee bridge then over to I81 to stay away from NYC, WASH DC, and Baltimore, then cut back over to I95 in VA.

You also save serious toll money going that way and avoid traffic, but it is about 90 miles longer.

:D :popo: :) :rofl2: :)

Can I ask where in Pa and NJ do you have family?  Hubs and I are grew up in NJ and I was born in Pa.

My husbands family is just outside of Allentown.  We met in college there, so Bethlehem area is where we stayed until we moved here.  I grew up in South Jersey just outside of Philly.  Everybody else is still there. So we travel back and forth "a lot". Where in Jersey are you from? 

Hopewell, that's only a little further North from me.  I spent tha last years of schools in Delran and Moorestown then college in Lehigh Valley, PA. Stayed after I graduated until we moved here almost 7 years ago.  I miss Bethlehem and Musikfest, but I am happier here. 

Shamokin Pa, St Edward's Catholic Church, the first church in the world to have electric.  Don't ask me why I know that.  We went to a wedding in Shamokin once. 

I also grew up in NJ!  Short Hills when I was little, then Bernardsville, Far Hills, Mendham, Basking Ridge, and then Glen Gardner out in Hunterdon County for a while.  I still miss the Jersey Shore. :popo:

My husbands family is just outside of Allentown.  We met in college there, so Bethlehem area is where we stayed until we moved here.

I went to Lehigh U. for 4 years and then worked in downtown Allentown for a few months.  I do miss Musikfest, plus watching the leaves turn on South Mountain.  I don't the smell of the steel mill!  :rofl2: