Welcome Jah!

If you give us a few more details, folks can probably give you some better info.

What kind of Pup?

Ever camped before?

When will you be at the Fort?

What type of site did you reserve?

First time at Disney World?

Who's camping with you (just general numbers/age range)?

What do you like to do?

How much time do you expect to spend in the parks?

Any special needs or wants?

I'm sure there's more stuff, but that covers most of the basics.  :)

We have spent a combined two months in a pop up at Fort Wilderness.  We love it and hopefully will be there again soon.  

1.  Bring a small home dehumidifier.  Plan on emptying it twice a day.  I can't tell you how much nicer this makes the inside of your pop up.  

2.  I hope you have AC in your pop up, although ours broke on the last trip and we made it just fine.

3.  Oscillating fans are good too to keep air moving to the bunks but not necessary unless you don't have AC.

4.  Tilt your awning al least 12 inches.  We got a down pour and it ripped our awning off the camper back in 2006.  We had tilted ours about 3 inches and that wasn't enough for the Florida deluge.  Works great in TN but not so good in the "Sunshine" state.

5.  The 2000 loop isn't that bad it is more like camping than the 1500 loop.  I prefer it, especially if you have a bike or golf cart to get to the Meadows and beach.

6.  The campground has a lot to do, don't plan everyday at the parks.  You will miss a lot that the Fort has to offer, like relaxing.

7.  Take lots of quarters for Laundry if you are there long term.

8.  Don't buy the refillable mugs because the places aren't open during coffee times and if you don't adhere to #6 then you won't be able to use them enough anyway.

9.  Screen room or Add-a-room is a nice way to have extra space that stays dry during rainy times.  We set up a whole kitchen under ours and it is awesome, especially when we stayed for 14 days.

10.  TAKE a dehumidifier!  Did I say that already?

I think the laundries have been upgraded to credit cards.

Check out the evening wagon rides. Best bang for your buck at the Fort.

Explore everything at the fort. Make sure you dedicate a couple of Fort Days in your schedule.

The evening electrical water pageant is a must to see at the beach.

Bring all of your drinks. They are expensive at the Fort, especially adult beverages.

There is a post with address's and directions to nearby stores for supply runs.

If you are staying for an extended time, look into buying a portable ice machine.

If you purchase ice at the fort, get it from the trading post instead of the comfort station machines. It's a lot harder from the trading post and lasts longer.

Good ice chests are a must.

Drink a lot of fluids

Wear light weight clothing. Denim is sturdy but hot.

There is a post with address's and directions to nearby stores for supply runs.

Here it is...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/15542-directions-and-nearby-essentials/?hl=publix#entry447062

This page also has lots of info on the types of loops/sites and the overall lay of the land, including links to videos of all camping loops, interactive Google Earth map and the Fort Fiends mobile app that gives you photos/specs on all campsites...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

You should get a monthly activity calendar in your check-in packet.  Lots of info in there on activities and the campfire movie schedule.  We usually have them available here around the first of the month.  Activities don't change a ton, and you can see what this month's calendar looks like to get an idea here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/activities/fort-wilderness-activities-schedule-june-2015-r399

If you're going around a major holiday, there may also be other special events and activities.  The biggies at the Fort are Easter, July 4h, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas.

General Site Map page with links to pages with a lot of the most frequently asked about stuff is here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

Welcome!  You will love camping in a PUP at the Fort!  

Bring on the questions!  We are a crazy crew of campers - from the big RVs to tents - so someone here should be able to answer anything.

Also, if you want Fiends to stop by, post your site # on the thread here.  You may get a visit!  If not, no biggie, we understand that, too, sort of...

But, if you run into any problems while at the Fort, just start an emergency thread here.  If there isn't a Fiend on the Scene, there will most likely be someone here who can point you to the right mechanic, urgent care for people or pets, etc.   

So glad you jumped in!

We have a rock wood xl pup.yes we have ac. Three kids 10,6,2. Don't know what loop. Can I request one ?? Which one site best?? Going week if Xmas. Two days at parks. Two days at fort

First you request the type of loop you want.

The least expensive are the partial sites which are water and electric only. They are the 1500 and 2000 loops.

Then you have the full sites, premium, and preferred which vary in $ but all have sewer connections.

When it gets closer to the arrival time you can fax a loop and site request, but there are no guarantees that you will get what you request.

Go to the info tab then look in the site map section for all kinds of great info about the Fort.

You can request a loop, but Christmas week is crazybusy and may be a tough one to get a specific request.  If there's a particular "thing" you want to be near, best bet is to just request that.  Example, near bus stop, comfort station, etc. "Best" loop is really subjective based on what you're looking for. There really aren't any "bad" loops, so I wouldn't worry about that too much unless you have a particular want/need.

Loops are categorized based on "levels" of what they include or where they are (and similarly cost).  More info on all that fun stuff here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

The reason why I like 1400 it because of the kids, it backs up to the area where they do the campfire and movies, as well as the trading post/ and the pool

all of those areas are under a 4 min walk from your camp site.  They also have a playgrounds 1 north and 1 south, about the same distance away 5 min walk.

also should you choose to walk to the boat vs taking the bus/ golf cart its a 10 min walk and very scenic. 

I don't remember the time frame for check in, but lets say 60 days out it will ask you on line for your preference, then you can select the loops or amenities that you wan to be near.

if you have not booked yet, book a site category that you want to stay in.

Don't worry about which loop you want, they are all good. I usually stay in partial loop with my pop up if available, sometimes have to go to full just to get a space, let Jason do the work of getting you a site. Christmas will be crowded and you need to go back during a slower time to get full benefit of The Fort, you will  have a good time just  don't try to do everything slow down and enjoy your stay.