So I purchased a camper on June 13th,

They were detailing the unit, installing the AC and fixing a few of the PDI issues i came across. but due to some of the PDI issues, they were concerned on parts availability

Its a pop up camper, and there was a small cut in the tent material below the bed frame, 1 bed frame was damaged (possibly from the same incident) the area of damage is less than the width of my hand and could have been fixed with a hammer( aluminum bed frame was pulled down and away from wood), and because its a sectionalized tent, they could have unzipped the damaged one and put a new one on.

Fast forward to today, its June 30th, and I still don't have the Popup in my possession, 

now I was told when i was leaving that it could be a few weeks, so I am not concerned, however today I wrote a "check up/ checking in email" and the response i got was "Scott, our towable manager, ordered you a new one.  I'll check the ETA & let you know.  "

​So what i thought was a minor repair has become something much larger apparently.

while I am satisfied that I am getting a new one, should I ask/ demand a price reduction/ accessories of the sort?  I make the first payment on the unit on 7/13 and don't know if ill have it by then.

They did say they would deliver the unit when ready to my home, and that's  2 hours away from the dealer.

My wife thinks they should do something, I on the other hand appreciate the honesty and them making it right by ordering a new one, but she feels they could do better and should

another question i have as i just found out they are getting a new unit, is what about the loan/ plate

the vin number will be different so how does that get corrected 

I would wait until they tell you when they'll have the new unit; if you get it in the next 7 to 10 days....then I think they've held up their end of the bargain. Do you have a camping trip planned?

that's my thought, and the only trip I have planned is December 11-14 at the Fort

I would use it earlier if i had it

need a shake down trip, never owned/ used a pop

I did join "good sam" as the member discounts on my last shopping trip paid for it... the rug/ ground cover discount was $20 and the yearly membership was $25   

You'll also get camping discounts at Good Sam affiliated campgrounds. Depending upon how often you use it the card will pay for itself pretty quickly. We also carry a KOA membership and with the points we used on our last long trip and 10% discount it had paid for itself about halfway through our stay.

We have Passport America and have used it a couple of times; it's paid for itself.  If we lived in FL, we would definitely get PA as there are a TON of CGs down there!   Not to promote myself... but if you decided to sign up, please use my info (I can PM you) as I get a referral bonus of a few bucks.  Membership was not expensive; we paid $44 for the year and it gets you 1/2 off a lot of CG (some not great, but some pretty darn decent!!).

When I purchased the Pop up, they gave me 1 year KOA membership, and 6 months to 1,000 trails/ encore  to stay 14 nights, must be used in 6 months...

I then was at CW and joined their savings program.

Already have a SAM's Club ( wallmart) membership and the parentals have Bj'S

I disagree. They end of the bargain was to sell you a quality built unit. That unit never should have left the factory. Or the dealership should have inspected it when they received it. The day you signed the loan papers you started paying interest on that loan. I personally would at a minimum would cancel that transaction immediately and tell them I'll sign a new loan contract when you receive the new unit and it's free of defects. And they should compensate you got your troubles. What if you did have plans to use it? That's just my humble opinion.

When I purchased the Pop up, they gave me 1 year KOA membership, and 6 months to 1,000 trails/ encore  to stay 14 nights, must be used in 6 months...

I then was at CW and joined their savings program.

Already have a SAM's Club ( wallmart) membership and the parentals have Bj'S

Are those free nights??  If so... definitely use those! :)

Are those free nights??  If so... definitely use those! :)

yes, 14 free nights, just have 6 months to use it.... well actually 3.... you have 3 months to register the card, and once you do that you have 3 months to use the 14 nights

I dont know if ill be able to use them all, but i intend on using at least 3-6

yes, 14 free nights, just have 6 months to use it.... well actually 3.... you have 3 months to register the card, and once you do that you have 3 months to use the 14 nights

I dont know if ill be able to use them all, but i intend on using at least 3-6

Oh gosh yes... use them!  If there is something close to you, weekend trips at least :)   Free is awesome!

Just an update, my new camper was delivered to the dealer 2 days ago, going in 6 days to pick it up and camp for the night at the dealer owned resort

Yay!!   Glad it's all working out :)    Enjoy that first night and... use those other free nights!!!  Have fun and post pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

just an update, we picked up the PUP, they had it set up on the delivery lot and said we could spend the night.

no major issues with the unit, it was missing 1 fan/light and the other fan/light looked like it was dropped, working, but visible damage.  The dealer is sending 2 new units to the home as they didn't have any in stock.

We got there at 10:45, and after redoing all the paperwork, we were doing are PDI/ walkthrough at 11:45.

Left the unit and went to dinosaur world, that was 10 min up the road, its actually not bad for $16

11169235_10204599142364622_9049106059017

the heat index was 105 and we saw some storms starting to roll in

20409_10204599145004688_4176070039231840

So we got to experience our first "sever weather" in the unit,  as my phone had alerts going off to seek shelter, back to the pup we go!

11403094_10101136042064725_8209997293562

no Leaks, no issues, it was quite windy, with frequent lighting and some heavy rain for about an hour.

We got her closed up sunday morning and the guy in the site next to us told me to get new tires as the ones on the trailer were junk, however he did like the unit and was helpful with lining up the TV with the trailer.

I am going to post a question here and on another forum about pop up tires and sizes...

they are 185/80 R13 load range D tires (1710lbs) , westlake super ST's and I am thinking of going up to a 14 inch rim/ tire if it fits with a higher load and speed rating just to be safe

As for the tow, it was nice and easy, we kept the Xterra at 60-63 depending on traffic and had no sway even when semi's were going by at 10mph faster than me.

Congratulations on the new trailer.

I love the Dinosaur World photos.  I figure that place may be getting more business this summer because of Jurassic World.

That is one butt ugly t shirt you're wearing, though.  You need to lose that thing.

TCD

you are the 4th person to comment on that shirt....

I guess Ill go back to my original team, since I am no longer living near Boston...

GO Cubbies!

Glad to hear that the first trip went well...yay!!  Now, use those free nights that you've got! :)    On the tires sorry, I cannot help there; but hopefully another Fiend will be along soon to provide some insight there.

Cute family and Dino World looks like fun :)