Sure beats the lousy bagpipe guy that annoys me at Crocketts sometimes. Much more appropriate, too.

One time he asked if I had any requests. I said "Yeah. How about playing someplace else?"

Is the banjo player a Castmember?  I don't see a name tag on him.

TCD

We asked him the same thing.  Apparently his had just broken, and they were in the process of getting him one.  His name was Chris, and management told him it was going to say Cowboy Chris.  He used to work the cruise line, and now had something to do with Hoop De Doo Revue.  Had some really nice cowboy boots on.  People next to us mentioned that he had different boots on the previous day.  He was asking people if they were going to see the show and if they had checked in. 

We asked him the same thing.  Apparently his had just broken, and they were in the process of getting him one.  His name was Chris, and management told him it was going to say Cowboy Chris.  He used to work the cruise line, and now had something to do with Hoop De Doo Revue.  Had some really nice cowboy boots on.  People next to us mentioned that he had different boots on the previous day.  He was asking people if they were going to see the show and if they had checked in. 

Oh, Chris from Orlando?

I've heard of him/her. ;)

He must be one of the musicians who accompany the HDDR.  I've never seen any of them performing outside of Pioneer Hall.

Isn't it verboten for CM's to be "on stage" without a name tag?  Which is why you see so many Chris from Orlando nametags.

TCD

Oh, Chris from Orlando?

I've heard of him/her. ;)

He must be one of the musicians who accompany the HDDR.  I've never seen any of them performing outside of Pioneer Hall.

Isn't it verboten for CM's to be "on stage" without a name tag?  Which is why you see so many Chris from Orlando nametags.

TCD

Normally, yes.  I am wondering if in this case, he was sent out on the porch to entertain and to get people interested in the show.  Given that he is normally entertaining inside, not having a nametag wouldn't be an issue.  When he was telling us that management was getting him a new nametag, he implied that it was a bit of a "high priority".  So I guess people realized he no longer had a nametag after they had him go outside.  In any case, I found it a nice change, and he was very nice and friendly.  People seemed to really enjoy him walking around and playing/singing for them. 

At the many locations my wife has worked over the years, they've had a box of old nametags of various names for people to use if they were missing theirs. I have to admit, I missed the reference to the generic Chris name when he mentioned they were going to have his nametag say, "Cowboy Chris".  I was more interested in his banjo playing.   :)

• 3 weeks later...