Port Orleans: Downtown Disney River Cruise Service Test

Friday, July 31, 2015 | Posted by OTPN Administrator

From August 2 to August 8, from 5–11 p.m., Sassagoula River Cruise will test direct service to the Marketplace Dock at the Downtown Disney Area from each resort at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort. The temporary routes will be French Quarter to Downtown Disney Area and Riverside to Downtown Disney Area. Guests wishing to travel between the French Quarter and the Riverside areas of the Port Orleans Resort should utilize the complimentary bus transportation.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/07/port-orleans-downtown-disney-river.html

We took the full trip from the Marketplace all the way to Port Orleans Riverside and back once.

It's a looooooong ride, but a nice, relaxing, scenic one. You get to see a good bit of Saratoga Springs, the Tree House Villas and all the various parts of Port Orleans.

do you need to show that you are a guest of,those,resorts?

Sarah and i needed to get from Riverside to Port Orleans last trip (or was it Port Orleans to Riverside?). We waited 20 minutes in the hot sun for a boat and finally gave up.   :(

Where you coming from and going to?

PO Riverside to PO French Quarter?

We were at PO French Quarter and trying to get to PO Riverside.  I was just trying to drop some cookies off for a friend's daughter who was doing the DCP and working at PO Riverside.  

I didn't know whether she worked at POFQ or POR, so i parked at POFQ and asked.  They wouldn't tell me streaight out where she worked, but one helpful CM suggested i ask at the food court at POR.

We thought it would be fun to take the boat to POR, so walked past the pool and down to the dock.  There was a boat waiting there with about 3 people on it, but they didn't let anyone else board.  After 5 minutes, it took off with only those three people on it.

We waited 15 more minutes in the sun and then bailed.  We walked back to the car, then drove to POR.

The kicker was that once we found the food court at POR, they wouldn't tell us if the girl we were looking for even worked there.  Now would they accept the cookies I had made for her.

I think Mo and Nicole ate them on the way home from WWW.  :lol:

We stayed at POFQ once and had a nightmare getting the boat to DTD. The boat goes from DTD to POFQ, then to Riverside, then stops back at POFQ, then to DTD.

Well, for 3 boats, it was FULL when getting back to POFQ. We then got on the boat going to Riverside, then just stayed on.

I think the separate boats will be good.