With thanks to TJ for this one (thanks TJ!) here's some interesting info where someone tracked the mileage walking around all of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Downtown Disney...

http://knowdw.com/walt-disney-world/walking-distance-disney-world/

The tracking assumes a direct route around each park, which unless you are an amazing planner and also pretty darned lucky, doesn't happen much in my experience.  We try and keep backtracking to a minimum, unless we're just out wandering around, and that adds the miles up quickly!

For those of you that track your own mileage, please feel free to share your experiences.  :)

We did a quick visit to Busch Gardens last night, and I had on my new Jawbone UP24.

It was my first day wearing it, so I'm not sure how steps translate into feet or miles.

When I hit the park entrance I had 1800 steps.  We took my granddaughter to 1 ride, went to see their Summer Nights show and fireworks, then left.

On the way out I was at 5500 steps so I did 3700 just walking to 2 places. 

You don't realize how much you walk in a park unless you have a couple of kids tagging along that are sooo tired they can't walk until they hit a playground and disappear for 2 hours.

I think it's important to note that this mileage is just inside the parks.  Most of us walk a lot of steps outside the parks and getting to the park entrances.

Very true!  The walk from the buses isn't a small one at most parks.

We park hop fairly often and that walk alone adds up over the course of a day.

The higher mileage days were EPCOT days.

Same here - usually because we end up going around more than once.

... sooo tired they can't walk until they hit a playground and disappear for 2 hours.

Magic!

I might need to look into one of these devices that track my activity. I think it would be a good idea to know how many calories I need to drink each evening to replenish what I've lost :D