OT: New LEGOLAND Currency Listed on Exchange Board

The LEGOLAND Florida Resort has entered into an exclusive partnership with Travelex, the world’s leading independent foreign exchange business, to list the resort’s official currency, LEGOLAND Dollars, on Travelex’s currency exchange boards at 55 participating Travelex locations. This is the first time a theme park has an official currency listed on a currency exchange board. The LEGOLAND Dollar will be available for purchase at a 1:1 exchange rate to the US Dollar.

LEGOLAND Dollars will only be available for purchase with US Dollars, with a minimum exchange of $5 USD. With a $50 USD purchase, guests will receive $50 in LEGOLAND Dollars, plus an additional $39.25 in added value, including free parking, an upgrade to the LEGOLAND Water Park, and an order of the resort’s famous Granny’s Apple Fries. LEGOLAND Dollars can be spent at any of the park’s restaurants, concessions, retail stores and more.

fCTYPrJ.jpg

pbPeKam.jpg

LEGOLAND Dollars will be available at Travelex locations in Atlanta, Boca Raton, Dallas, DC, Fort Myers, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, and Tampa. For a full list of locations, visit www.travelex.com/legoland.

70QJWUF.jpg

EtP0utR.jpg

“"Everything at LEGOLAND Florida Resort is created for kids, including the currency. By using LEGOLAND Dollars with a playful design, it builds on the immersive experience for young guests. Although we accept U.S. currency, only LEGOLAND Dollars will get you an additional $39.25 in added value,"” said Adrian Jones, General Manager, LEGOLAND Florida Resort.

U0Yih6o.jpg

"“We a’re pleased to add the LEGOLAND dollar to our extensive range of currencies this summer. Of course, LEGOLAND Florida Resort comes as highly recommended by my two sons, ages 4 and 8, but we're also happy to offer additional value and benefits to our customers through this partnership”," said Christopher McShane, Head of Retail, Travelex.

For more information about LEGOLAND Florida Resort or to book a trip visit www.legolandflorida.com.

PHOTOS: ©2015 Chip Litherland Photography Inc./LEGOLAND Florida Resort. Al rights reserved.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/legolands-new-currency-listed-on.html

Yes, marketing.

But, good luck with that.

Aside from the novelty of it, why would anyone want to buy fake money with real money?  And who uses paper money anymore? That $39.95 in "added value" is smoke and mirrors.  Most of it is the waived parking fee.  But, how many cars does one family need to park?

I wonder how much you will lose selling back the fake dollars you don't use?

TCD

Aside from the novelty of it, why would anyone want to buy fake money with real money? 

You should see the line at Gringott's Money Exchange in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Same deal.  Money is only good inside UO.

http://www.wizardingworldharrypotter.com/shops/gringotts-money-exchange

I probably shouldn't admit this, but each of our 5 family members kept $16 in Canadian $ as souvenirs from our trip there last summer. On the other hand, we didn't buy many other souvenirs, only a t-shirt each and a couple of postcards.   I could see our family doing the same with Lego and Gringots $ as one-time souvenirs.  So I guess we would be the marketing target. We also buy refillable mugs as souvenirs. But again, rarely do we buy anything else.

I could see our family doing the same with Lego and Gringots $ as one-time souvenirs. 

Same here.  I was actually going to get some at UO last year, but you couldn't just buy a few dollars and I didn't want a $20 "souvenir."

But then we also have a small collection of coins and dollars from other countries too.  8)

Well, one $50 set would get you parking ($15 ahead of time, $18 day of) and you know you are going to end up feeding your kids and buying them something(s) anyway.  AND I must say that the Granny Apple Fries are freaking good...

Actually it doesn't sound like a bad deal

With a $50 USD purchase, guests will receive $50 in LEGOLAND Dollars, plus an additional $39.25 in added value, including free parking, an upgrade to the LEGOLAND Water Park, and an order of the resort’s famous Granny’s Apple Fries.

Like Janet said you get the free parking, plus an upgrade to the water park (of course that's only good for 1 in your party) and your fries.  Wonder what the $39.25 of extra value is?

How long has Disney had Disney Dollars.  Great way to keep the $$ in the parks.  Just like a gift card. most people will spend more at a store than the value of a gift card or the Disney Dollars.

Like Janet said you get the free parking, plus an upgrade to the water park (of course that's only good for 1 in your party) and your fries.  Wonder what the $39.25 of extra value is?

I can see that there might be some value to buying $50 worth of the funny money. But, if you're a family of four visiting for a day, you don't need four parking passes, so the "added value" diminishes with any purchases beyond the $50.

How long has Disney had Disney Dollars.  Great way to keep the $$ in the parks.  Just like a gift card. most people will spend more at a store than the value of a gift card or the Disney Dollars.

The other thing sellers of funny money hope is that you keep that paper as a souvenir. That's a dollar in their pocket for each piece of paper anyone puts in a scrapbook or drawer.

TCD