Disney dining scout review

My parents decided they wanted to eat at California Grill in Oct, couldn't find any adrs so after searching a ton I looked into Disney Dining Scout. Cost $3.99 for 6 months, I put in the date, place, time and # of people at 4pm yesterday and by 9:30 this morning received a text messages there was a adr available. Logged right on to MDE and was able to book it. So I would say it was worth the $3.99 to keep myself from obsessively search for them.

• 2 weeks later...

While it sounds good for the people that sign up for the service, it seems like it's just another roadblock for the average Joe that's trying to have a good time at WDW.

I wonder if these services are hitting the Disney reservation servers so hard that they are causing them to give out the "sorry service is not available at this time" message?

I wonder if these services are hitting the Disney reservation servers so hard that they are causing them to give out the "sorry service is not available at this time" message?

I'd be surprised if they're generating that much traffic. 

Most of the time when the website it wonky, it's on a day that something has opened up for booking - free dining, food & wine, reservations for some new thing, etc.

I'd be surprised if they're generating that much traffic. 

Most of the time when the website it wonky, it's on a day that something has opened up for booking - free dining, food & wine, reservations for some new thing, etc.

I'm just wondering if they have a robo dialer constantly checking, or a bunch of retiree's sitting around looking for openings?

I'm just wondering if they have a robo dialer constantly checking, or a bunch of retiree's sitting around looking for openings?

Good question!  Depends on who's running the show.  It would be a much bigger investment in programming and $ to set up a system to automate something like this. 

But you just gave me an idea for my retirement plan.  8)