Kali River Rapids to Open During EMH - Animal Kingdom

From OTPN...

Beginning Sunday, August 23, Kali River Rapids will operate during Extra Magic Hours (EMH) at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Due to the nature of the ride, this additional offering may operate at this schedule seasonally, therefore additional communication will be provided if the attraction is no longer available during EMH. For awareness, Extra Magic Hours are hosted at Disney's Animal Kingdom Sundays and Wednesdays at 8 a.m. through September 16, 2015.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/08/kali-river-rapids-to-operate-during.html

But if you ride when it's cold or raining it's possible to go thru the ride again and again :raspberry:  just be sure to wear a good poncho.

That's what we did with Splash Mountain last November on a cool evening - except minus the ponchos.  8)

It was so empty they just let us stay on.

David and I wore ponchos ... we were drenched from head to toe.

The trick is to tuck it well under you and hold the hood tight around your head.

...and not be in the wrong seat.

In that case you only get a little drenched.  :rofl2:

The trick is to tuck it well under you and hold the hood tight around your head.

...and not be in the wrong seat.

In that case you only get a little drenched.  :rofl2:

I was sitting on my poncho ... holding the hood ... and had my head tucked down.

We were definitely in the wrong seats.  We ended up with at least 2" of water in our seats and 6+" of water on our feet. 

And gullible me believed TJ when he said we wouldn't get too wet ...

• 1 month later...

No more Kali during morning extra magic hours starting October 7...

Guests visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom in the future should note that Friday, October 2, will be the final morning that Kali River Rapids will operate during Extra Magic Hours (EMH) as part of a seasonal test that began in mid-August.

Kali River Rapids will open with the rest of the park at 9 a.m. on EMH mornings beginning Wednesday, Oct. 7. As a reminder, Animal Kingdom's EMH mornings will be moving to Wednesday and Friday mornings in the new fiscal year.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/09/extra-magic-hours-test-concluding-at.html