scooter rentals, how do they work?

I have a trip coming up in December 11-14 at the fort.

My parents and sister+ husband will be staying at a hotel in down town Disney for 1 night the 11th

as we are attending MVMCP.

My dad has a hard time walking long distances, and so were renting him a scooter.( basically his hip is worn out and gets hot to the touch after 100 yard walk)

My BIL is renting the scooter and says it will be delivered to the Fort, as the plan is to take the boat from the fort to the party.

My question involves with the process of pick up and drop off of the scooter? My BIL said it will be delivered to the outpost and that's where it gets picked up?

anyone ever done that at the fort?

I just don't want to have a hard time dealing with it, as they leave Saturday morning to go on a cruise, while the wife and kids and i stay behind and enjoy the parks...

If it truly is simple this is a non issue, just park it over there and were good to go?!?

Thanks in advance

I have a trip coming up in December 11-14 at the fort.

My parents and sister+ husband will be staying at a hotel in down town Disney for 1 night the 11th

as we are attending MVMCP.

My dad has a hard time walking long distances, and so were renting him a scooter.( basically his hip is worn out and gets hot to the touch after 100 yard walk)

My BIL is renting the scooter and says it will be delivered to the Fort, as the plan is to take the boat from the fort to the party.

My question involves with the process of pick up and drop off of the scooter? My BIL said it will be delivered to the outpost and that's where it gets picked up?

anyone ever done that at the fort?

I just don't want to have a hard time dealing with it, as they leave Saturday morning to go on a cruise, while the wife and kids and i stay behind and enjoy the parks...

If it truly is simple this is a non issue, just park it over there and were good to go?!?

Thanks in advance

I ahve not done this at the Fort but assuming they are using one of the Disney approved rental companies it will be left with luggage services. That is how the arrangement has been working at all resorts for this. 

If someone has recent knowledge specific to the Fort and I am wrong I am always happy to be educated. This was how it worked at AOA.

These are the approved vendors. If not an approved vendor you have to meet them for delivery. 

We rented a scooter that was delivered to the Fort once. Yes, it is as described above. If it is from one of the companies listed above, it will be waiting at Bell Services when you arrive. Go to the front desk, and a bell services cast member will meet you at a side door and give you the scooter. Once you are finished, return it to Bell Services, and the company will pick it up.

If it is NOT from an approved company, then someone will have to meet the rental company for delivery. I don't think you have to meet them for return. Just take it to Bell Services.

I rent from a not approved company because they are so much less expensive and are still really reliable.  I have to meet the company in the Outpost parking lot both for delivery and return.  But they are very punctual.  When I make my reservation, they ask what times I want for delivery and pickup.  They call a half hour or so before they arrive.

Just beware that not all boats that go from FW to MK are scooter-accessible.

One time I saw a family with a scooter trying to get from WL by boat to somewhere... they were on a tight schedule and it was not going well. Lots of stress and scowling.

The Disney buses do a good job of loading/unloading scooters, just remember that they can only take 2 at a time (on the non-articulated buses).

Just beware that not all boats that go from FW to MK are scooter-accessible.

True, the scooters can only go on the bigger boats. Normally they run 2 large boats to and from the FORT, but if one is in need of service or as happened earlier this year they pulled one to use for the Grand Floridian while the monorail was down for rehab. 

I used Apple Scooter in 2011 for my mom when she had a sprained ankle and it was at the Outpost as described above. Drop off was the same and it wasn't badly priced for the week. Small boats do not transport scooters because of the step down. The big boats you can drive it right on.

Stupid hint/suggestion, bring your own wristlet key chain like this, 11964923.jpgOurs didn't have one on the key and luckily my wife had one so my mom could slide the key right on her wrist when she wasn't using it and helped not losing the key. 

Best Regards,

Norm