Our DIL is flying from Memphis to camp with us at the Fort next month and I was curious to see if the Magical Express would be a good option to get her to the Fort rather than me having to juggle the logistics of getting to the Fort, setting up camp, and having to run back out to the airport while the rest of our group is ready to head to MK!

We will have her Magic Band with us, so I wasn't sure how this might work - I guess we could send it to her, but I wanted to reach out to the experts here to see if this option was worth considering.  Thanks!

It can also be "hit and miss" depending on who you talk to. Linda and I had some trouble last Jan so I would call early and get it set up. It would also be to your advantage if you can ship her Magic Band so she has it at the airport since they scan it there.

There have been some issues with setting it up lately. If you set up to early and the lights havent been loaded to the system it doesnt link properly. If you call Disney to set up and they arent loaded they have been telling people to call back closer. I have now been setting up for people about 2 months out and that seems to be working. 

I think it will work perfectly. My husband used this to fly home while we stayed at the fort during the summer. We had to call and straighten it out a little so that it was pick up for one person rather than a whole party.

OK, this is the second time recently that I've seen a comment like this about a guest being able to use Magical Express on a day other than the check-in or check-out day on the reservation.

I looked in to this on a previous trip as a way to get one of my daughters to and from the airport during our trip.  I was flat-out told that since she was arriving and departing on days that did not coincide with my check-in and check-out date that she was not eligible to use Magical Express.

I also remember fellow Fiend Devores saying how he could not use Magical Express when he was staying at the Fort to get to and from the airport for a trip he took during his stay.

Did that change?

Or is this one of those deals where it depends who you ask.

TCD

OK, this is the second time recently that I've seen a comment like this about a guest being able to use Magical Express on a day other than the check-in or check-out day on the reservation.

I looked in to this on a previous trip as a way to get one of my daughters to and from the airport during our trip.  I was flat-out told that since she was arriving and departing on days that did not coincide with my check-in and check-out date that she was not eligible to use Magical Express.

I also remember fellow Fiend Devores saying how he could not use Magical Express when he was staying at the Fort to get to and from the airport for a trip he took during his stay.

Did that change?

TCD

I have definitely been able to set this up for customers. I either set it up online myself or call it and and both ways have worked fine for me. 

I looked in to this on a previous trip as a way to get one of my daughters to and from the airport during our trip. I was flat-out told that since she was arriving and departing on days that did not coincide with my check-in and check-out date that she was not eligible to use Magical Express.

Did that change?

TCD

They were really pleasant about it. Maybe you got put on the bad list because they heard you have good bus luck and they don't want things to get too magical.