Yep, say goodbye to the beloved half buried 55 gallon brown drums

.post-9-0-79545000-1442951088_thumb.jpg

The new cans have a latch mechanism you have to reach under a handle to operate. In the Florida sun, these things get HOT!

Not yet, but they are working their way around. This is from the 3000 loop.

• 2 weeks later...

New cans in 900. They switch them out really fast. We left for the pool and an hour later the new ones were in place. If you are fussy about your nails ladies, you will not like the new trash cans. Total chip your polish handles. You have to stick your hand in side the handle and press in on the button. Just a heads up for all the fresh mannies out there.

Hmm... somehow I completely missed this thread the first time around.

New cans in 900. They switch them out really fast. We left for the pool and an hour later the new ones were in place. If you are fussy about your nails ladies, you will not like the new trash cans. Total chip your polish handles. You have to stick your hand in side the handle and press in on the button. Just a heads up for all the fresh mannies out there.

Sounds like a good excuse to let the guys take out the trash.  8)

When I can get the photo,out'of my phone I'll post,it, but last,week someone flattened one of the old cans in the 1400 loop. Within a couple of houses it was replaced with another,one,of the old ones.

They have a ton of old trash cans available. I expect them to show up on eBay any day now.