• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From Disney Wiki:   Slue-Foot Sue is a beautiful redhead in braids from another part of her world. She is a thrill-seeking daredevil with no fear or shame for anything. In the end, she was self-shot t

Reports on the new menu and topping bar are starting to show up in the Twitterverse:   Pecos fixins bar now includes plenty of salsa, peppers, guacamole, sour cream, onions, and more. pic.twitter.com/

Well, we don't have to wait to see the new Pecos Bill menu.  It's up on Disney's site: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/pecos-bill-tall-tale-inn-and-cafe/menus/lunch/     And it

The menu change must be very recent, because as of a couple minutes ago they hadn't changed the restaurant description.  

Rustle up some grub with your Slue-Foot Sue at this Old West saloon! Tell tall tales over BBQ pork sandwiches, Angus burgers, Southwest chicken salads and more—all before bouncing into the sky on a sugar high with desserts and soft drinks. 

I thought this was some DIT leg-pulling, but it's not- here's a screen shot of that very description straight from the Disney site today:

pb%20description_zpsdjklgglb.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog just posted an official announcement about the new menu yesterday, and included a link that takes you right to that page: 

Howdy, partners! Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café will open tomorrow with a reimagined menu, featuring tasty Tex-Mex cuisine.

PBTTC89571.jpg PBTTC89572.jpg

PBTTC89573.jpg PBTTC89574.jpg

New entrees include rice bowls and burritos with your choice of beef, chicken, or veggies. Fajitas sizzle with delicious steak or chicken. For a lighter option, try the Southwest Chicken Salad. Fans of the fixin’s bar needn’t worry, it’s back and better than ever with tasty sauces, salsas, peppers, onions, cheese and more.

PBTTC89575-613x274.jpg

Look for traditional tortilla chips and Chicken Enchilada Soup as scrumptious side dishes. For dessert? Mini churros with dipping chocolate and Sopapillas (a crispy, puffy, fried pastry) make for a perfectly sweet ending to your meal.

Come and get it!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/09/new-menu-debuts-tomorrow-at-pecos-bill-tall-tale-inn-and-cafe-in-magic-kingdom-park/

There are already a lot of unanswered questions in the comments.

Classic.

TCD

This actually sounds/looks better than I anticipated.

I agree.  I actually prefer this to the old menu.  But, it's still really strange to me that they would go with a limited menu like this in the major quick serve restaurant for that side of the MK.  I think more guests would rather have burgers and fries and traditional fast food items here.  If this kind of food was so popular, then why were the hours for Tortuga Tavern so limited? 

TCD

I agree.  I actually prefer this to the old menu.  But, it's still really strange to me that they would go with a limited menu like this in the major quick serve restaurant for that side of the MK.  I think more guests would rather have burgers and fries and traditional fast food items here.  If this kind of food was so popular, then why were the hours for Tortuga Tavern so limited? 

TCD

I think it's gotten more popular in the past several years, and it's probably also a heck of a lot easier for the kitchen.  They don't need a grill or fry-o-lator anymore, giant pots of beans, shredded meat and rice are easy to cook and keep warm, which pretty much just leaves chopping up stuff for the fixings bar. Easy peasy. 

MK in general has been moving away from burgers in the past few years and it seems the changes have been pretty popular.  Maybe it's a shift in people looking to eat a bit healthier, even on vacation?  Even with the previous menu, one of the most popular items was the taco salad - which is pretty much in line with what's on the menu now.

I'm still a little surprised they're down to just one burger location though.

I think it's gotten more popular in the past several years, and it's probably also a heck of a lot easier for the kitchen.  They don't need a grill or fry-o-lator anymore, giant pots of beans, shredded meat and rice are easy to cook and keep warm, which pretty much just leaves chopping up stuff for the fixings bar. Easy peasy. 

MK in general has been moving away from burgers in the past few years and it seems the changes have been pretty popular.  Maybe it's a shift in people looking to eat a bit healthier, even on vacation?  Even with the previous menu, one of the most popular items was the taco salad - which is pretty much in line with what's on the menu now.

I'm still a little surprised they're down to just one burger location though.

And "easy peasy" probably also translates into lower food costs.  I'll bet rice, beans and shredded meat costs them a lot less than a burger.  Less food costs mean more profits. 

As far at there being only one burger location, I'm sure this was thought out ahead of time.  If there's enough of an outcry, they can put a burger on the menu at another quick serve location, and then boast about how they are meeting customer demands.

TCD

Maybe their plan is to make the two restaurants serve food more appropriate for their themes. Tex Mex makes sense for Pecos Bill's and I could see them changing Tortuga Tavern over to a Caribbean themed or traditional burger menu. The food prep for both would have a lot of overlap so they could save money that way too.

edit: add more stuff.

And "easy peasy" probably also translates into lower food costs.  I'll bet rice, beans and shredded meat costs them a lot less than a burger.  Less food costs mean more profits.

Agreed.  For this menu, it's really mostly in the prep.  There's probably also less waste - for starters, no used fry oil to dispose of.

Maybe their plan is to make the two restaurants serve food more appropriate for their themes. Tex Mex makes sense for Pecos Bill's and I could see them changing Tortuga Tavern over to a Caribbean themed or traditional burger menu. The food prep for both would have a lot of overlap so they could save money that way too.

edit: add more stuff.

That all makes sense.

Reports on the new menu and topping bar are starting to show up in the Twitterverse:

Pecos fixins bar now includes plenty of salsa, peppers, guacamole, sour cream, onions, and more. pic.twitter.com/FUmYRapjqE

CQPRdmMUEAIFCBx.jpg
CQPRdnPUsAA2AkM.jpg
CQPRdoQVEAAB-50.jpg

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/649593088021762048/photo/1

I can't believe that they're going to have all of that stuff sitting out for the taking for long.  How long until we see someone recommend bringing a bag of tortilla chips and fixing up your own nachos?

TCD

I can't believe that they're going to have all of that stuff sitting out for the taking for long.  How long until we see someone recommend bringing a bag of tortilla chips and fixing up your own nachos?

TCD

Well there were regular discussions on other message boards about how you could use the old fixins bar to whip yourself up a free salad so...   :rolleyes:

Well there were regular discussions on other message boards about how you could use the old fixins bar to whip yourself up a free salad so...   :rolleyes:

Yup.  I've seen it done.

Last time I was at Casey's Corner, there was a guy filling up water cups with sauerkraut and other toppings.  He made himself a couple of strange salads in a cup.  Too bad they took away the fake cheese sauce.  That probably tastes great on sauerkraut.

I'll bet this dude hits up the Pecos Bill topping bar next.

TCD

WDW News Today posted the rest of the article to go along with their tweets...

PHOTOS: Pecos Bill’s at Magic Kingdom Unveils New Tex-Mex Menu and “Fixins Bar”

Pecos Bill’s Tall Tale Inn and Cafe at the Magic Kingdom opened with the new Tex-Mex menu as planned today:

image77.jpeg?resize=1200%2C900

image57.jpeg?resize=1200%2C900

The churros come with Hershey’s chocolate suace

CQPSTk8WEAAQXjv.jpg?resize=768%2C1024

image125.jpeg?resize=1200%2C900

The “fixins bar” got a pretty drastic overhaul as well, including self-serve guacamole

image105.jpeg?resize=1200%2C900

Tons of guacamole, chili, and more

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/10/photos-pecos-bills-at-magic-kingdom-unveils-new-tex-mex-menu-and-fixins-bar/

BTW, what are the odds that free "salad in a cup" becomes free "cup of chili" with all the fixins? :wacko:

I could have sworn that picture was of salsa when i saw it on Twitter.  It didn't say chili.  I think your right people would definitely make their own free chili bowl.

I agree Mo, the burrito type places are hugely popular now and have been for a while, I can see where this menu is going to be a big hit.

I did find it funny how twitter is making fun of the burrito picture on the menu, take a look above, it looks like a quesadilla or something.

WBI

I did find it funny how twitter is making fun of the burrito picture on the menu, take a look above, it looks like a quesadilla or something.

WBI

I didn't notice the photo- but the people making fun are right- that ain't a burrito.

If anyone wonders why they changed the format to Tex Mex....this should give you your answer:

http://ir.chipotle.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=194775&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2069647

The Mouse sees everything through green-tinted glasses.  

Wow.  I didn't know Chipotle was doing so well.  My girls have always preferred Moe's, so we rarely got to Chipotle.

TCD

Wow.  I didn't know Chipotle was doing so well.  My girls have always preferred Moe's, so we rarely got to Chipotle.

TCD

I love Moe's!  We had a few in Naples way before they got a Chipotle.  Everyone I know agrees with your daughters that Moe's is better so honestly I've never tried Chipotle because of that.

I think Chipotle is more widely known and has more locations though.

WBI

Moe's is also better if you don't eat meat, as they have a LOT more veggie topping options than Chipotle.  But Chipotle is typically, in my experience, faster, cleaner and more consistent.  In reality, I'd be happy with either.  In fact, I just had lunch at Chipotle with INC and Stella.  INC and I can split a Veggie Bowl, so it's pretty reasonable.   

As far at there being only one burger location, I'm sure this was thought out ahead of time.  If there's enough of an outcry, they can put a burger on the menu at another quick serve location, and then boast about how they are meeting customer demands.

TCD

Ground beef has gotten expensive. Food like this uses a lot less meat, and probably the price is the same.

Reports on the new menu and topping bar are starting to show up in the Twitterverse:

Pecos fixins bar now includes plenty of salsa, peppers, guacamole, sour cream, onions, and more. pic.twitter.com/FUmYRapjqE

CQPRdmMUEAIFCBx.jpg

TCD

Guacamole is also relatively expensive. Chipolte charges extra for it, around $1.50.  My son would eat endless guac if I let him. Sounds like this will be the place for us. 

I love Moe's!  We had a few in Naples way before they got a Chipotle.  Everyone I know agrees with your daughters that Moe's is better so honestly I've never tried Chipotle because of that.

I think Chipotle is more widely known and has more locations though.

WBI

We have a Moe's and Chipolte across the street from each other. My boys like Moes because everything comes with chips and at ours at least you can ask for more and even more for a bag to take home.  Fresh, warmed chips are addictive. I like the food quality at Chipoltes a little better and I think price-wise it's a little better, if you don't want chips (cost extra at Chipoltes).

Another of my sons loves churros and they seem to be popular at theme parks. I don't remember if they've had them at WDW before ?

Guacamole is also relatively expensive. Chipolte charges extra for it, around $1.50.  My son would eat endless guac if I let him. Sounds like this will be the place for us. 

My daughters all love guacamole too.  Another place they like to go is Tijuana Flats.  They charge extra for a small cup of guacamole there too.  I really don't think Disney is going to be letting guests help themselves to that guacamole for long.

TCD

My daughters all love guacamole too.  Another place they like to go is Tijuana Flats.  They charge extra for a small cup of guacamole there too.  I really don't think Disney is going to be letting guests help themselves to that guacamole for long.

TCD

To me it is sacrilegious charging for guacamole. Admittedly I've only been to a Tijuana Flats once when one opened in my town a year or so ago but I don't see it being up to the same level as Chipotle or Moe's. Speaking of guacamole the avocados on the counter can't ripen soon enough.