Any body ever stay at the Board Walk?

I stayed there for one night once.  It was awesome!!!  I was there to make sure I could walk to the Studios for when they had the "Walk In and Win" day for Millionaire.  I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite.  That was awesome!!  I spent the evening in the hot tub!!

Like I said it was for one night, and I had to be out the door at 4:30 AM to get in line to try to get on Millionaire.

(Didn't even get my number drawn, but I did get some tickets to the Millionaire tapings and saw Meredith Vierra in person).

It was a fun experience.

We stayed there once for a week, it was just after it opened and I didn't like it. I don't remember what exactly it was but I do remember I didn't feel "at home".

I feel the same way about the Wilderness Lodge, just don't feel at home.

I did love the Poly though. I am more at home in places like the Riverside and CB and I am definitely comfy at the fort, no more hotels for me.

We've stayed there a couple of times, and loved it!  A little too expensive for us most of the time, but I got a good TA rate those times.  We were just in a Standard View room, but we looked over a nice garden area - very pretty!

I would love to stay in one of the Garden Suites sometime - those look beautiful!!

The location of the Boardwalk is great - like Carol said!  Walk to Hollywood Studios, or Epcot.  Or take the boat. 

There are no onsite restaurants -- you have to go down to the Boardwalk for that.  But then you have a few choices:  ESPN Club, Big River Grille, Kouzzina (great breakfast!!), Flying Fish, and you can walk over to the restaurants at the Y&BC or the Swan/Dolphin.

Thanks for the replies I didn't know there was no counter service. So does that mean no refill mug bummer. My sister is a DVC member so the trip won't cost me much because we are using her points. If I was paying I would  be at the fort. My sister said the room we will get is around $330.00 a night crazy.

Thanks for the replies I didn't know there was no counter service. So does that mean no refill mug bummer. My sister is a DVC member so the trip won't cost me much because we are using her points. If I was paying I would  be at the fort. My sister said the room we will get is around $330.00 a night crazy.

Yes - you can buy and refill your mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery!  But again, it's down on the Boardwalk, so it's a little bit of a walk.

Yes - you can buy and refill your mugs at the Boardwalk Bakery!  But again, it's down on the Boardwalk, so it's a little bit of a walk.

Walk whats this walk? I can take my golf cart right? :dance:

I recently stayed at the Beach Club and loved that.  The pool, the CMs, the ammenities and decor were all fantastic.  About 2 years ago we tried the Boardwalk for just a couple nights, and like somebody said (Bob, was it you?) I just didn't feel at home.  I'm not sure why exactly.  I love the location because I'm crazy about Epcot.  At first I thought maybe it was because we weren't close to MK so it didn't feel enough like Disney to a girl who grew up when MK was the "world." However, I don't have the same issues with some of the moderate resorts.  Honestly, I think my problem was that we had just spent over a week at the Fort and I missed it.  So if you are planning a trip either before the Fort or seperate completely from the fort, you may want to try.  I might stay there again just to get a more objective opinion, but it is expensive for something I'm not sure I'm crazy about. 

I've stayed at the Beach Club before. Like others have said, nice, but not home.

We visited the Boardwalk last month as part of our resort hopping.

Loved the little bar where the antique radios next to the tables play old time radio shows

Also loved the men's room where they have the crates of rolled up small hand towels

right there for the taking!

I was able to get enough of them for me to dry off at the FW pool the next day...... :parrot:

We have tried Yacht Club and we will be trying Beach Club in April.  The location is amazing!  It is wonderful to be able to walk to Epcot.  The Boardwalk looks nice, but my kids are all about the pool.  Stormalong Bay is the best pool we have ever been to.  And, the clown pool kind of creeps us out.  But we'd stay there (can 5 stay in a room there?), if the price was right.

We have stayed there a few time on DVC.  It is our least favorite DVC resort it just had that busy business conference feeling to it.  Also, if I remember correctly there was no counter service either.  But it has been a few years and my memory is going  :rofl2:

Never stayed there, but have gone in to take a look around. Don't especially care for. Seemed to me to cater to a more corporate crowd. Conventions and the like. Theme doesn't appeal to me at all.

I like that area, and it's location to Epcot and the Studios, but would MUCH prefer to stay at the Beach Club vs. The Boardwalk.

Oh..and the themed pool has a slide that is a HUGE clown head. It's pretty freaky. To me it appears the clown is puking out people. Kind of weird. :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

The clown puke pool is really small for a deluxe resort. Having stayed there and CSR back to back in the past, I'd lay odds that it's considerably smaller than the CSR pool. I know it wasn't nearly as nice and the entry depth was either 40 or 42 inches (instead of the tradional 36" inches or newer style graduated entry level pools like the Poly's) making it too deep for many children under 8 or so to fully enjoy. I have clients who prefer BW but, for the life of me, I can't see why when YC/BC can be booked for the same price.

The BC is my favorite resort without golf carts. When I walk thru the front doors it's better than coming home. Home, I can leave behind and know there'll still be just as many loads of laudry & dishes to do when I get back as when I left. IMO vacations should feel better than home.

SAB is hands-down the best pool on property and there's just something about walking down the sidewalk right into Epcot that can't be matched. Now, if only they'd add a few GCs and let us park the TT on that there grass, we'd be in good shape...