I'd tried the Tapatalk app quite a while ago and found it to be kind of clunky so I didn't use it.  But I've been trying to find a way to post photos directly here from my phone so that I can post while we're at WDW in a couple of weeks so I tried it again.

Big improvement! 

https://tapatalk.com/

I'm on a Galaxy Note 4, so I'm not sure what the iPhone is like, but it's easy to post, and including photos now works pretty much like everything else these days - browse to it on your phone and just "attach" and submit. 

The only thing I miss is the same kinds of controls over viewing unread content that you get on the full web version here, but it's still workable.

I'll definitely be using it for those times I'm away from the laptop.  :)

I've been using Tapatalk consistently for 3 or 4 years.  Like you have noted, it has improved markedly over the years.  But even in its state of a few years ago, I preferred it to browsing the forum on a phone using a browser such as Chrome.  Now it's even better, IMO.  And posting pics has always been easy, at least for me.  No need to upload to a hosting service first. 

Cookie dough wrapped in tortilla then deep fried and covered with powdered sugar Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my...

...posting pics has always been easy, at least for me.  No need to upload to a hosting service first.

That's been the biggest reason I tried it out again.  I don't mind posting from my phone in Chrome, but there was still no way to post photos from my Flickr account.

This is easy peasy!

I've been using it for a number of forums for years, on iPhone and iPad. I love it. I miss the signatures and smileys, but the convenience outweighs those quibbles. And the picture hosting makes it easier to use on portable than any combination on desktop that I've tried.

I've been using Tapatalk consistently for 3 or 4 years.  Like you have noted, it has improved markedly over the years.  But even in its state of a few years ago, I preferred it to browsing the forum on a phone using a browser such as Chrome.  Now it's even better, IMO.  And posting pics has always been easy, at least for me.  No need to upload to a hosting service first. 

How do you post a picture to a particular thread?

I can't get past general discussions, i.e. I want to add a couple of pictures to the Food and Wine 2015 thread and I can't get to it.