Shipping packages to the Fort - Questions

We are planning on being there over Christmas and New Years this year and are trying to pre-plan 'Santa's Visit'. What are the rules and expectations for shipping packages to the fort pre-visit? We'd love to be able to send a couple of boxes down timed for our arrival on the 23rd, but question whether or not they would arrive on time and would love to send them to arrive a day earlier for a time cushion.

Thoughts? Experiences? Discussion?

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who can answer better. We have had several things shipped to the Fort with no problem, but all where while we were there. As I understand it though all it takes is the name on the reservation and site number or conformation number (if you haven't checked in yet) and arrival date. Maybe a call ahead to have it noted on your reservation that something will ship and may arrive before you do. Everything we have had shipped has been UPS and have never had any problems. The desk usually calls or leaves a letter at your site saying you have something to pick up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I've had several things shipped to the Fort when I realized I needed something that wouldn't arrive at home before I left. I've always just put the Fort's address as the delivery address, my name, and arrival date. I've always had the clerk checking me in tell me I had a package waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

When I had a package shipped this spring, I guess it came the day before we arrived, but the clerk made no mention of it when we were checking in.  As an afterthought as we were leaving, I asked if we had a package waiting for us, and then she checked for it behind the desk and found it.  So don't forget to ask!

When I had a package shipped this spring, I guess it came the day before we arrived, but the clerk made no mention of it when we were checking in.  As an afterthought as we were leaving, I asked if we had a package waiting for us, and then she checked for it behind the desk and found it.  So don't forget to ask!

Good point!  We got a call when ours came in, but I'd just been at the desk a couple of hours before.  With shift changes and all that's going on there, best to call and check if you're expecting something.

I vaguely remember reading that USPS goes to a central facility, no matter what the address, and then gets distributed throughout WDW.

Carrier services such as UPS and FedEx go directly to the individual locations.

It's probably like a college campus with their own internal post office.

USPS drops off and picks up at one location, then the college PO sorts and delivers to the various campus locations.  Same as a military base PO.