Parade Positioning/Photos

Hey all……sorry for being such a stranger…..I do still pop in now and then and miss hanging around here!  This whole moving thing seriously cut into my FF time.  

I also miss being 3 hours away from WDW.  But, I do love where I live now.

Our high school's marching band will be traveling to FL this weekend and will be marching in a pre-parade performance along the parade route in the MK this Sat. the 14th!  I was crazy enough to sign on as a chaperone, but anything to get me back to WDW is fine with me!

As this is a once in a lifetime experience for my son, and I am the only one in our family to see it, I want to get the best photos possible to share with the others, and for my son to have to remember that day.

I know which side of the street he will be on in his marching block, I just want to try and figure out the best place along the route that will have little or no obstruction and not be taking photos looking at the sun.

They are stepping off at 2:30, and I need to be on the right side of Main St., facing the castle, for reference.  I would kind of like to have the castle in the background if possible.

I know there are some expert frequent visitors who can advise me here and I thank you in advance!

Just an FYI, Disney photo pass shoots the marching bands that visit. We have 2 photographers assigned to just marching bands. The band director will get the photo pass card or you can stop by the town square theater and they can look up the photos for you to add to your own account.

Just an FYI, Disney photo pass shoots the marching bands that visit. We have 2 photographers assigned to just marching bands. The band director will get the photo pass card or you can stop by the town square theater and they can look up the photos for you to add to your own account.

Oh, thank you!  No one told us this!  I wish I had seen your comment before today, I am home now…..my girlfriend set up one photo pass account for a bunch of us so the kids could scan their bands on rides (they were all broken in to groups and roaming around on their own) and get pictures taken with characters and we'd all be able to see them…..I wonder if it's too late to add the parade shots to our account now?

I would love to see what they got.  I did have a good viewing spot but when my son passed, I didn't get a good shot of him.  He plays trombone and was the second kid in his row. The kid next to him, on the end, had his slide out as they passed and his gauntlet blocked my son's face.  I was heartbroken.  Just steps later they had a rest and I would have gotten a clear shot.  Oh well. No way to plan that!

Bummer about the photos!  But, at least you got to see him in person!

How was the trip, overall?

I heard the parks were crowded last weekend.  Did y'all get to do much.  Do groups like this have access to book FP+'s in advance?

TCD

Yes!  I am so grateful that I was able to go and see him.  It was an amazing experience that I will never forget!

The trip was exhausting, but fun.  All 4 days jam packed with travel, parks, performing, workshops, and very little sleep.  A great group of kids though, and we had no issues whatsoever except for the first night when it took 2 hours to get all of us from Epcot to AS Movies.  We had been up since 3 am the morning before and that was rough.

Parks were very crowded.  We did Epcot on Thursday (right from the airport - ugh!), morning workshop at Epcot and Universal Friday, MK Saturday, DHS Sunday until 3 then flew home.  Those with fit bits and other apps told me they logged 10-12 miles each day.  The way my own feet and legs felt, I believe it!  

One of my friends was there with her family, not chaperoning, and they were kind enough to add me to their dinner reservation at BOG.  So I got to experience that, I don't think I would ever have had the chance otherwise, and I was very grateful for that.  It was a lovely dinner!

No advance FP's, but we were able to get them last minute for most of the popular rides except the mine train and TSM.  We had old style plastic tickets for parks and magic bands for the rooms - we could have linked them but got back to the hotel so late each night, it wasn't worth going to the front desk to do it!  All the kids used the app and it worked out fine.  I found out later that we could have gotten the codes to our cards weeks in advance and used the app to set stuff up, but the director never gave them out until we arrived.

I have not stayed in a value resort in a few years.  They could use some deep cleaning.  Filthy carpets and mold on the ceiling in my bathroom.  But the food was pretty good (we only ate breakfast there), service was fast.  And, I was so tired each night I could have slept in a box, so I didn't really care!

Give me the date and time they marched and I'll look into the photos for you.

Oh Devores!  That would be awesome!  I truly appreciate it.

They marched this past Saturday the 14th at 2:30.  Our school is Central Bucks High School East from Doylestown, PA.  Red, white and blue uniforms.  There was a second band right behind us from Palm Coast who wore blue and black uniforms.