Obviously we can't bring a knife in to cut apples for an in park snack, but is an apple corer taboo?

I've always had a pocket knife on me, didn't realize they weren't allowed.

I would imagine an apple corer would be allowed, so would a butter knife, small paring knife. or a plastic knife.

You might want to leave the meat cleaver and 10 inch chef knife back at the camper.  :P

What type of corer?  The one with a circle in the middle and spoked blades connecting to the handle, or an older type that's like a tube with a sharpened end?

Are pocket knives prohibited?  Disney could do a better job communicating that if they are.

TCD

Your prohibited list had this listed

Weapons of any kind

Now when I think of weapons, I envision, pistols, rifles, cross bows, flamethrowers, spears, swords,  etc.

I don't consider a pocketknife a weapon, but I guess it depends on how big your pockets are!  :rolleyes:

Weapons of any kind

Now when I think of weapons, I envision, pistols, rifles, cross bows, flamethrowers, spears, swords,  etc.

I don't consider a pocketknife a weapon, but I guess it depends on how big your pockets are!  :rolleyes:

Like I said- they need to do a better job communicating what's allowed and what's not.

Like my badass Army Ranger dad used to say, almost anything can be a weapon.  I once entered the park with some FWRR spikes in my backpack, which I had intended to leave in my car.  The bag searcher didn't even open the plastic bag they were in. Those could be used as a weapon, and inflict a lot more damage than a pocket knife.

TCD

Weapons of any kind

Agreed, but that is nothing new. My brother lost a nice pocketknife back in the 80s when he was going into a concert and was too lazy or out of time to walk it back to the car.

Are pocket knives prohibited?  Disney could do a better job communicating that if they are.   TCD
Your prohibited list had this listed   Weapons of any kind   Now when I think of weapons, I envision, pistols, rifles, cross bows, flamethrowers, spears, swords,  etc.   I don't consider a pocketknife a weapon, but I guess it depends on how big your pockets are!  :rolleyes:

This is my style of choice I carry round. This is knife 2 of 3

. 9d5678826fa1d8a05b939632a6e66ede.jpg

This is the one I accidentally walked into the MK with. Knife #1 now belongs to a Canadian border patrol employee :( and knife #3 became "lost" after my step daughters ex boyfriend "borrowed" it.

I consider it a tool as well 99% of the time and use it practically every day. However I found out the wrong way it can be a weapon the day I caught a temp smoking crack in the bathroom at my place of employment in the city of Harrisburg in 1997. As the 3rd supervisor it was my job duty to fire/lay off the temp force. So that's what I did. He screamed he did nothing wrong and me and another guy had to literally push him out the door.  I was not permitted by the manager to call the police which is what I wanted to do.   The next day leaving work after dark, In the parking lot I got jumped by him and 6 of his homies. I got beat by a bat, pipe and wood and one had a knife and I fortunately only got small slashes on my hands and forearms from it. Luckily a truck driver driving down the road beside the Parking lot saw 7 on 1 and stopped them with another weapon of his own, chased them off, called 911 and stayed with me until the police got there. He got arrested for his good deed though but that's another story.

Sent from my iPhone

Like I said- they need to do a better job communicating what's allowed and what's not.

Like my badass Army Ranger dad used to say, almost anything can be a weapon.  I once entered the park with some FWRR spikes in my backpack, which I had intended to leave in my car.  The bag searcher didn't even open the plastic bag they were in. Those could be used as a weapon, and inflict a lot more damage than a pocket knife.

TCD

I don't know how many will agree, but I find the security at Disney a joke.  These people are just going through the motions and it gives me the impression that they are doing this only for looks or for CYA reasons.  I would never do it, but I can't help but wonder how many pistols have came and went through their gates that they knew nothing about.

A little after 9/11 I picked up a buddy from the airport. He always carried a buck knife and would always do carry on to bypass the luggage carrousel When I met him in the main area of the airport he said we needed to go to baggage. I asked him why he checked a bag. He kept saying,"wait for it, wait for it" and after about 30 minutes, a small buck knife comes on the carrousel with a luggage tag bigger than the knife. I laughed so hard. I don't think the airlines would be that compassionate about a knife these days.

It's a circle type one. Wanted to bring some Apple dip and share with kids.

Is there any reason you can't use the corer before you head to the parks and put the apple slices in a plastic bag?

Or buy those apple slices that are already prepared?  By the way, in case you don't know, those little bags of apple slices are sold all over the Disney parks as snacks.  Also, if you buy one of the caramel apples from one of the park stores, they will slice it for you.

If you do try to bring the gadget in, please report back and let us know if it was allowed.

Have fun.

TCD

I use the rubber band trick on apples. It works like charm to keep them from browning. You cut it and then put it back together around the core and put a rubber band around the whole thing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Genius.

But, what about the rubber band?  You could take an eye out with one of those.  At least according to my mom.

TCD

Wonder if they are stepping up security again today after the incident in CA yesterday?

My wife and I were discussing this last night. Probably the most frequent travel places in the US is the Disney parks and yet they seem to me to be the most laxed with security. Even when I go to a hockey game nowadays I have to walk through a metal detector. People always talk on here what they can sneak into the park like apple corer, coffee makers and other weird crap. It's quite scary in this day and age with all the wackos out there. I would be fine with Disney being more stringent on their security practices. I'm sure there will be a day where everyplace you go there will be security and security measures. Pretty sad this is what our world is coming to.

My hubby had his favorite pocket knife taken away when security first started. He was allowed to retrieve it when leaving the park. But cast member did say that they weren'tt guranteeing getting it back. He hasn't carried it since. Side note. I guess with everything going on in France, security has been a lot more thorough. I just feel they need to restrict the number and size of bags

A pocket knife is not really a threat to anyone, unless it's a Crocodile Dundee sized one. Now I know a pocket knife can inflict harm and even kill someone, but I really don't think there's much of a chance of that happening at Disney from a terror threat. It would be just as easy for someone to punch or kick someone or crash into them with their SUV sized stroller and injure them just as bad.

When we went in 09 my brother had his all in one utility tool on his belt, as he always does and he was made to remove it and rent a locker at the MK before they let him in.  I mean they could see it right on his belt and none of us thought about it at all.  So if you have  a pocket knife of sorts and they see it, you cannot take it in the parks.  

They did check my phone pouch each time we went in the no bags line and hubs was asked to be allowed to Check his large shirt. Hubs is a

Leo and has this style of shirt so he can CC. This was only at MK. My phone pouch was every park. Hubs also took off sunglasses on way in and made eye contact as professional courtesy. He wasn't stopped after the first day.

They did check my phone pouch each time we went in the no bags line and hubs was asked to be allowed to Check his large shirt. Hubs is a

Leo and has this style of shirt so he can CC. This was only at MK. My phone pouch was every park. Hubs also took off sunglasses on way in and made eye contact as professional courtesy. He wasn't stopped after the first day.

Lol, I was like what does his sign have to do with anything? Then I realized you were talking about the acronym LEO.