Disney will no longer offer discounts on group reservations

Suits me!

We have been multiple times and requested specific sites, only to be given another site and find all of our requested sites were empty and no one setting up. Why can't we have those empty sites? "We have a big group coming on the weekend."

Oh, I thought these were first come-first served sites... nope, here's a huge group, here for three days... sorry pal, you can't have it for the five days prior since you are staying through the weekend. Sure enough, the sites sit vacant for a full five days.

Pretty crummy if you ask me.

Suits me!

We have been multiple times and requested specific sites, only to be given another site and find all of our requested sites were empty and no one setting up. Why can't we have those empty sites? "We have a big group coming on the weekend."

Oh, I thought these were first come-first served sites... nope, here's a huge group, here for three days... sorry pal, you can't have it for the five days prior since you are staying through the weekend. Sure enough, the sites sit vacant for a full five days.

Pretty crummy if you ask me.

that seems crazy they would have the site sit unused for 5 days to get it to someone who is using it at a lower rate due to the group discount.... If what you say is true, there should be much more availability in the future 

that seems crazy they would have the site sit unused for 5 days to get it to someone who is using it at a lower rate due to the group discount.... If what you say is true, there should be much more availability in the future 

Not every time a group gets together does it mean the site/sites were discounted. If they link the reservations, as Jason has done in the past for FIENDS, you could end up with numerous sites together sitting empty until they arrive. It all depends on who is working in the front office the day the sites are assigned.