Disney will no longer offer discounts on group reservations

I'm all for it.

There's a big difference between 2 or 3 family members trying to be close to each other for a weekend/week trip, and a "club" taking over an entire loop or two for a month or three.

Like I said in another post, why doesn't the Fort make a group loop that could be used by individual campers when groups don't have it booked.

Oh that's right, Disney doesn't have to do anything to improve the Fort since it's a cash cow no matter how badly they treat the campers.

There will always be 3 or 4 people willing to step in if someone finally gets fed up and doesn't come back.

I know Lou said that during certain months the Fort is like a ghost town during weekdays, but that seems unbelievable when you have to try for months to book a site.

I know Lou said that during certain months the Fort is like a ghost town during weekdays, but that seems unbelievable when you have to try for months to book a site.

The kicker is if your reservation falls into a weekend.  If you try and just book Mon - Fri during those slower months, easy peasy. 

We were in the 300 loop Oct 23 - Nov 13.  Weekends were chock full, Monday through Friday morning a good half the loop was empty.

The kicker is if your reservation falls into a weekend.  If you try and just book Mon - Fri during those slower months, easy peasy. 

We were in the 300 loop Oct 23 - Nov 13.  Weekends were chock full, Monday through Friday morning a good half the loop was empty.

Maybe they should lower the site prices even more on weekdays!

Unless someone has different information, I think a more accurate title for this thread is that Disney will no longer offer discounts on group reservations.

I don't think they'd turn away any group willing to pay rack rates.

TCD

there i fixed if for you

Unless someone has different information, I think a more accurate title for this thread is that Disney will no longer offer discounts on group reservations.

I don't think they'd turn away any group willing to pay rack rates.

TCD

I heard both. No discount and they were doing away with "group ressies". Every man/woman for themselves.

I heard both. No discount and they were doing away with "group ressies". Every man/woman for themselves.

I still wonder if that means a family who wants four campsites together will be turned away.

From things I've heard, the only reason this Northern Pioneers groups exists is to get discounts at Fort Wilderness.  I doubt many of them care about camping with each other if there's no discount for doing so.

TCD

I still wonder if that means a family who wants four campsites together will be turned away.

From things I've heard, the only reason this Northern Pioneers groups exists is to get discounts at Fort Wilderness.  I doubt many of them care about camping with each other if there's no discount for doing so.

TCD

I think it will mean one person cant book multiple sites under one reservation or name. They can be booked separately and linked as traveling together but each reservation is independent. That was how I booked everybody I did for Halloween. 

TCD

Probably not,they will make and link the individual ressies though instead of one person calling the "group" number as was done in the past.

I think it will mean one person cant book multiple sites under one reservation or name. They can be booked separately and linked as traveling together but each reservation is independent. That was how I booked everybody I did for Halloween. 

Probably not,they will make and link the individual ressies though instead of one person calling the "group" number as was done in the past.

Wow.

I would say great minds think alike, but I know better than to say that when it comes to you two.

J/K of course.

So, again, all this boils down to is that groups won't be given a discount.

I'll bet we still see that school group in the 1500 loop on President's Day weekend.

TCD

Wow.

I would say great minds think alike, but I know better than to say that when it comes to you two.

J/K of course.

So, again, all this boils down to is that groups won't be given a discount.

I'll bet we still see that school group in the 1500 loop on President's Day weekend.

TCD

For 2016 probably, for 2017 maybe.

I will say just from my experience with last Halloween and the coming one making, setting up, and linking all the reservations when you cant book as a group can be much more work than just the typical booking. The groups that do want to be together will have to jump through more hoops to get them linked and as with all regular reservations there wont be a guarantee of being together. 

The question is what level of group reservations are they eliminating. The ones where x number of sites are held, and folks in your group can call and book individually? Which, I can imagine, is a royal pain in the rear for Disney Group reservations, as it was also a major pain in the rear for the person coordinating that group reservation.

I wonder if they are also eliminating the ones that state. "I want to rent 20 full hookup sites for these dates" How much and here is my credit card.

I will say just from my experience with last Halloween and the coming one making, setting up, and linking all the reservations when you cant book as a group can be much more work than just the typical booking. The groups that do want to be together will have to jump through more hoops to get them linked and as with all regular reservations there wont be a guarantee of being together. 

As far as I know, that has been the case for the majority of guests anyway.  When my kids were younger, there used to be a group of us who would try to get 10-12 campsites together for a weekend once or twice a year.  The hoop jumping was required then, which led to the event being scrapped because it wasn't worth the hassle, and no one at Disney was interested in helping us.

I don't know how the Northern Pioneers got their sweetheart deal, and I don't think there were many groups who got those benefits.

So, for the average guest, this change isn't going to affect them.  We're already familiar with not getting discounts.

TCD

I wonder if they are also eliminating the ones that state. "I want to rent 20 full hookup sites for these dates" How much and here is my credit card.

I doubt they will get rid of these anymore than they have gotten rid of renting out the parks to those folks with enough dough.

If they really want to make money I think having a dedicated group loop/area with all of the trimmings (i.e. modern conveniences and hookups) would do it for them. Properly constructed they could make more money with less investment and make it nicer for the regular folks who visit the Fort at the same time by keeping groups to their own area. 

I wonder how many of the people that were booking with Northern Pioneers (and I think one or 2 other groups like them) will still book once the discount goes away?

Won't really effect me either way, but I wonder if this will apply to the cabins as well. There is that school group that books a cabin loop every year on December.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good question.  Along those lines, does this effect just the Fort or is this another change that's hitting the entire reservation system?

Wonder if situations like the one I overheard at check-out last week was one of those contributing factors:

Evidently the person making the reservation for like 5 sites was the only one of the group who hadn't shown up yet to the Fort.  Lady next to me wasn't happy that they couldn't check in.  CM kept trying to tell her that the person who had reserved the sites with their credit card needed to be there before that happened.  Lady wasn't offering to pay.  Hmmmm.....

Wonder if situations like the one I overheard at check-out last week was one of those contributing factors:

Evidently the person making the reservation for like 5 sites was the only one of the group who hadn't shown up yet to the Fort.  Lady next to me wasn't happy that they couldn't check in.  CM kept trying to tell her that the person who had reserved the sites with their credit card needed to be there before that happened.  Lady wasn't offering to pay.  Hmmmm.....

That's probably happened more than once, even among families or other social groups.

wait should i send you my reservation to link in with the group?!?!

I had made them prior to knowing what you do

wait should i send you my reservation to link in with the group?!?!

I had made them prior to knowing what you do

Unfortunately I can't make any changes or notes on a reservation I don't have control over. If it was booked less than 30 days ago it can be transferred. Otherwise when we decide what loop we want to try and be in you can have your reservation noted as the same request.

I tried to find the original post on FB yesterday afternoon with the letter from the Pioneer guy and I can't find it.

Wonder if the original poster deleted it?

There were some arguments going on inside the post. I think the admin may have deleted it.