Been seeing some discussions regarding online check in

Just as an FYI for everybody I have been seeing some discussions lately involving issues with requests and online check in. Not specifically Fort related but since they all use the same system figured I should share it here. 

If you or your travel agent call in and place requests on your reservation and then you do online check in it seems any requests made during online check in are sent over and anything placed on the reservation previously are hidden from view. They are still there according to Disney but the resort does not seem to see them. 

This can be especially important to be aware of if you have multiple in the cases I am seeing rooms with connecting/adjoining requests. 

As I said not sure if it will or has effected Fort reservations but an interesting tidbit I thought I would share. 

Just as an FYI for everybody I have been seeing some discussions lately involving issues with requests and online check in. Not specifically Fort related but since they all use the same system figured I should share it here. 

If you or your travel agent call in and place requests on your reservation and then you do online check in it seems any requests made during online check in are sent over and anything placed on the reservation previously are hidden from view. They are still there according to Disney but the resort does not seem to see them. 

This can be especially important to be aware of if you have multiple in the cases I am seeing rooms with connecting/adjoining requests. 

As I said not sure if it will or has effected Fort reservations but an interesting tidbit I thought I would share. 

I actually just called last night about a dining issue and then had them transfer me to reservations, where the lady per my request a) noted that our 2 reservations were continuing so we wanted to not change sites and 2) that we were traveling with another family and would like adjoining sites.

I have not done online check-in but was planning on it. I don't think they have my camper size, etc.  So, you are saying I shouldn't add anything in the notes?  Or should I skip online check-in altogether, or should I just put those 2 things in my notes in the online check-in?

I actually just called last night about a dining issue and then had them transfer me to reservations, where the lady per my request a) noted that our 2 reservations were continuing so we wanted to not change sites and 2) that we were traveling with another family and would like adjoining sites.

I have not done online check-in but was planning on it. I don't think they have my camper size, etc.  So, you are saying I shouldn't add anything in the notes?  Or should I skip online check-in altogether, or should I just put those 2 things in my notes in the online check-in?

Honestly its been debated how much time you would save with online check in at the Fort. You still have to stop and get your site assignment and when towing they dont have an online check in line unless thats changed and I missed it. I dont know that online check in is really worth it at the Fort. I would just have your reservation noted and stick with that. 

Honestly its been debated how much time you would save with online check in at the Fort. You still have to stop and get your site assignment and when towing they dont have an online check in line unless thats changed and I missed it. I dont know that online check in is really worth it at the Fort. I would just have your reservation noted and stick with that. 

When I went in and looked at the online thing a couple of weeks ago, it had 500 loop checked for me. I think that was from another time I called months ago and said we wanted the closest premium loop to the dog park.  So, I wonder if that is still on there too.

What's the latest word on the fax method? Is that still working for some people? Do they still actually have a fax machine with the online check-in?  Guess I could do that and mention that's the loop we want, what size we have, etc.  I would go in and check out my online thing to see what's showing and then cancel out of that screen, but I'm afraid!

When I went in and looked at the online thing a couple of weeks ago, it had 500 loop checked for me. I think that was from another time I called months ago and said we wanted the closest premium loop to the dog park.  So, I wonder if that is still on there too.

What's the latest word on the fax method? Is that still working for some people? Do they still actually have a fax machine with the online check-in?  Guess I could do that and mention that's the loop we want, what size we have, etc.  I would go in and check out my online thing to see what's showing and then cancel out of that screen, but I'm afraid!

I still fax for all my customers and in at least one case I have spoken with one of the site assigners about a discrepancy. They definitely still get the faxes. 

Thanks for the info, Jason.

Good to know! Thanks!  Wish I could remember which threads I've seen the handy link for faxing. Mo?

It's in the "Info" pages here...  :)

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125

I still fax for all my customers and in at least one case I have spoken with one of the site assigners about a discrepancy. They definitely still get the faxes. 

I keep seeing posts elsewhere by people who are supposedly "in the know" with inside connections, saying faxing is useless and/or that they go straight in the trash.

If that's the case, then the site assigner must by psychic, because we faxed for our arrival 10/23 with a short list of site requests and got our first choice.  :)

I keep seeing posts elsewhere by people who are supposedly "in the know" with inside connections, saying faxing is useless and/or that they go straight in the trash.

If that's the case, then the site assigner must by psychic, because we faxed for our arrival 10/23 with a short list of site requests and got our first choice.  :)

There's a particularly obnoxious know-it-all type on another board who claims to be a FW CM who keeps repeating that.

But he also tells people to take the MK bus from the Fort, doesn't know anything about the different cable line up the campsites have, etc. etc.

My favorite recent tidbit of information from this expert was that turkey fryers were not allowed at the Fort because they have an open flame.

Like a propane stove?

Someone should have told those 50-100 folks I see frying turkeys every year.

Oh, and this ding-dong is also allegedly and ordained minister and owner of several restaurants.

Busy guy.

Just reaffirms that they don't know their rears from a hole in the ground over there, and Fort Fiends is the only place for correct information about the Fort.

TCD

As far as I can tell the fax works. We have had our requested site two years in a row. While that is not a long string by any account I don't think it would have happened by random chance.

We've been faxing requests every year since 2008 and have only not gotten one of our requested sites twice.

Once there was a big group eating up a large chunk of the 300 loop and they ended up upgrading us to 500 for free.

The other was last year and we ended up a few sites down from where we really wanted, and they gave us the option to move after the weekend (we checked in on a Friday). It turned out to be a decent site for us so we stayed put.

That makes us 6 for 8, which says to me that faxing (still) works.  8)

• 2 weeks later...