Went to AK Sunday, and HS today.

Didn't notice them at AK, but at HS the scanners at the main entrance were manned by Disney Security. When we left, I noticed that the side entrance scanner was still manned by the rent a cops.

Another site had posted last week that Disney was hiring a lot more people for the security department, so it looks like those scanners are here to stay.

On a side note, we went to Legoland on Monday. They were wanding everyone going thru except the kids, and they would wand them if they wanted to be.

A woman in front of me said they were there a couple of weeks ago and they weren't wanding at that time, so this has just started.

And the path from the hotel to the park is behind the scanning. I'm not sure if they had a security station on the path, there wasn't one when we visited the hotel, but that was getting near closing time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had to fire up the iPad to see the photos. work pc blocks photobucket.   It's a very poorly thought out, thrown together system.   And to top it off, they let how may thousands of runners go through

We just walked up to bag check at the MK, no signs of construction. They would have to make some sort of weather proof enclosure also.

There is no way that Disney is going to just suddenly implement airport level security at its bag check lines.   It would cost a fortune and would be a logistical nightmare. There would be no "no bags

MK was still using the yellow shirt folks on Sunday.

An interesting phenomenon I noticed there is that many guests assumed that they had to go through the scanners after bag check, so they just headed there without being told.  Like a bunch of sheep.  That kept the yellow shirt folks busy.  So busy that they weren't pulling "random" guests over to be scanned.  Great deal for any bad guys who were visiting the park that day.

TCD

MK was still using the yellow shirt folks on Sunday.

An interesting phenomenon I noticed there is that many guests assumed that they had to go through the scanners after bag check, so they just headed there without being told.  Like a bunch of sheep.  That kept the yellow shirt folks busy.  So busy that they weren't pulling "random" guests over to be scanned.  Great deal for any bad guys who were visiting the park that day.

TCD

we visited HS without any bags, such a rare phenomena my granddaughter remarked about it as we all walked thru the no bag line. 

The Disney scanner guys were walking back and forth taking people from the closest bag check line only.(or at least that's what the one guy was doing)

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is old but since Dollywood was mentioned I wanted to post this update. According to a local news article Dollywood began bag checks on 3/21/206
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/dollywood-hires-third-party-to-perform-bag-checks/106226645