It's been a few years since I've been to the fort.  Quite honestly I don't recall cart parades and other such business going on.  Are these things mostly around holiday time?  We will be traveling during the peak spring break time.  Should I expect blocked off loops, loud parties and craziness in general?  I have a motorhome so  we'll be on a premium loop (does that even matter?)  I sure hope I won't be spending the week in the middle of a raging kegger with golf carts....

Cart parades are only on holidays, so I don't think you'll have to worry about those.  We've never been at the fort during spring break, so I can't tell you what to expect.  I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you.

And welcome to the group!

The only inpromptu cart parades we've encountered were by a couple church groups and they never went into the loops, except the one they were in.

Now if you end up in the 1400 loop with the Orlando Fire Dept group your on your own.

It's been a few years since I've been to the fort. Quite honestly I don't recall cart parades and other such business going on. Are these things mostly around holiday time? We will be traveling during the peak spring break time. Should I expect blocked off loops, loud parties and craziness in general? I have a motorhome so we'll be on a premium loop (does that even matter?) I sure hope I won't be spending the week in the middle of a raging kegger with golf carts....

We've been for spring break more than once and have never seen stuff like that.

I was there last week, a full 2 weeks prior to the holiday and there was a cart parade that did go in and out of all the loops, rather annoying with all the honking while I was trying to enjoy dinner with the family.

Well that's a bummer.  We were there at the same time (15-22) and decorated our cart with the anticipation of a parade...and never could find one.  Phooey!

There is a school group that does a parade usually the first or second weekend in December, and the past 2 years that I know of was also a group that travels together that have done them around the same time.

The school group though not hosted by Disney does have CM's blocking/directing traffic. The other group didn't when we have seen them in the past.

The first year 2013 we saw/joined the church group( who also have a cabin decorating contest) parade it was rather calm. Last year 2014 it was a mess.

Never been here over spring break but have never seen a parade outside of holiday times of year.

Now the honking, blaring stereos, underage drivers and yelling is another story, and all depends on the crowd at any given time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We participated in the Christmas GC Parade today.  It seemed to be well received by the onlookers, and they enjoyed the toys and such we threw to threw kids.   Not a lot of elaborate decorating done for these carts...lights, garland, some more than others and a few with more elaborate applications.  They didn't have a designated end point, so many of us just made a second loop around the main streets, before we stopped by "home" to drop off some long sleeves and go on to looping.  i don't know if they had any "winner" or not.  It looked like there were maybe 30-40 entries and everyone had a good time.

We participated in the Christmas GC Parade today. It seemed to be well received by the onlookers, and they enjoyed the toys and such we threw to threw kids. Not a lot of elaborate decorating done for these carts...lights, garland, some more than others and a few with more elaborate applications. They didn't have a designated end point, so many of us just made a second loop around the main streets, before we stopped by "home" to drop off some long sleeves and go on to looping. i don't know if they had any "winner" or not. It looked like there were maybe 30-40 entries and everyone had a good time.

We saw you and loved your cart! :)