I'm kind of clueless about this too. I just completed my check in, I guessed my arrival time I'm shooting for an hour early before check in but probably won't get there til 1pm. I'll be there in 14 days! Now that I finally have tickets, I had a slew of car troubles and it took us longer to make the trip to go pick up our tickets from the military base.

it took us longer to make the trip to go pick up our tickets from the military base.

In the future if it works better you can always pick up your military tickets right at the Shades of Green Resort at Disney http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ 

Shades of Green started it's life as Disney's Golf Resort in 1973 and if I am correct has some of the largest "standard" rooms "on property".  It's kind of unique as for some things it is considered a Disney resort (EMH, DME) but for others it is not (free parking at the parks).

Some trips I have done online check in others I have not. Of the times I've done the online checking half have seemed to be faster and the other half hasn't seemed to make a difference.

As far as when you do the online check in I don't think it really matters. I had a CM in reservations once tell me not to do the online checking till a week or so before the arrival date. If I'm going to fax in a site request I usually do the online check in about a week before I plan on faxing so about 2 weeks before arrival and notell my loop request on the online check in.

Maybe someone with more insider info knows when the resorts actually get the online check in information? I doubt it's much more than a week or so before the arrival date though. I may be mistaken but I thought I was told one time that the resorts don't really have access to reservations until a week before check in other than to know there are bookings. I could be wrong though.

I always check in online a few weeks out.  Lately it hasn't made any difference since they lost everything, including my credit card info in November and December.

If your CC company sent you a new "chipped card" during that time period the exp changed and the old card, even with the same number, would be void.

If your CC company sent you a new "chipped card" during that time period the exp changed and the old card, even with the same number, would be void.

I received the chip card prior to checking in online.  However, both incidents have occurred since I received the chip card.  Maybe that's a factor.

I received the chip card prior to checking in online.  However, both incidents have occurred since I received the chip card.  Maybe that's a factor.

A-ha!!  That probably explains why I've had the same CC on file forever, yet when we tried to use it the first day in Oct, it wasn't working and we had to go up to the Outpost and have it sorted out even though it should have been all set at check-in.

In the future if it works better you can always pick up your military tickets right at the Shades of Green Resort at Disney http://www.shadesofgreen.org/ 

Shades of Green started it's life as Disney's Golf Resort in 1973 and if I am correct has some of the largest "standard" rooms "on property".  It's kind of unique as for some things it is considered a Disney resort (EMH, DME) but for others it is not (free parking at the parks).

Sorry to be a tad off topic. But I wouldn't recommend Shades of Green at all. I tried going that route and it took them two weeks to respond to me with a vague answer that didn't answer any of my questions. I got much better service just driving to the closest military base to us.