1 hour ago, keith_h said:

That's impressive and more in line for RV/TT type of camping.  But still a no no at the Fort!

but this would be a great idea if you are camping for scouts/venturing or something similar, because the first thing to go out is your phones...

yes i know, you are not supposed to have them, but some of us have to be in touch with the outside world because our customers don't understand that we are camping with our sons and they still want our undivided attention, lol

Stumbled across this one today.  It is a little pricey, but if you are not one to want to put up a tent, here is your deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BH46MU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000BH46MU&linkCode=as2&tag=fascplactotra-20&linkId=JNYLVNSUVYRONBEE

TC243-Original-Tentcot-open-470x361.jpg

I'm a flashlight junkie, and proud of it.

Lately I've been on a flashlight buying kick because I've been finding deals too good to pass up.

I got these two energizer LED lanterns bundled together at a local Home Depot on clearance for $10 instead of $29

Energizer LED POP UP LanternEnergizer 2-in-1 Flashlight

The one on the left is 165 lumens and at that output the batteries will last for 50 hours

I got this one at a Wal-Mart for $9 instead of $25.  You can fold it, hang it, or use the built in bungee to strap it to a surface.  Can have 1 light or 2 lights lit.

k2-_e51fde8f-77a1-4c4f-ae5e-7a04ea9de316

And finally got these for the grandkids for nightlights or to run to the comfort stations.

Rocking Egg LED Light

A two pack at Home Depot was on clearance for $4.00.  The are like the old Weeble toys, they wobble but don't fall down. You gently tap them and they turn on.  The bottom section is aluminum and they are really sturdy. They are bright, but they use 2 of the larger button batteries so they won't last a long time.  But the batteries are replaceable

If you like Disney Princesses, Dollar Tree has 3 Solar Dancing ones.  Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.  I found the first two.  What's interesting is there are no Disney trademarks on them.  On the back of the package they have Character based on either Jr. Elf, 1959, Tip Top Elf Books 1956, and Children's and Household Tales, the Brothers Grimm 1812.

I saw this recently and thought it would be good for camping.  It is compact and best of all, it looks like it won't make a mess!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0106RV5JG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0106RV5JG&linkCode=as2&tag=fascplactotra-20&linkId=AND3BRSXF3UPJAGA

Here is a youtube describing it.  Above is the Amazon link.

Saw this today on a pop up camping forum.  My generator is admittedly very loud.  The reason being is that I got it for hurricane usage.  That being said, using it for camping is really not viable.  This baby, on the other hand, is only 58db and will run 8hr on a full tank.  The readers said the best prices right now are on Wayfair but to watch because the prices fluctuate pretty regularly.  

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Power-Equipment-75531i-Generator/dp/B00BBDCE1S

816UdRC7v5L._SX450_.jpg

2 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

Oh boy, now your dinner can be hacked.  :)

On 2/24/2016 at 5:56 PM, AuburnJen said:

Saw this today on a pop up camping forum.  My generator is admittedly very loud.  The reason being is that I got it for hurricane usage.  That being said, using it for camping is really not viable.  This baby, on the other hand, is only 58db and will run 8hr on a full tank.  The readers said the best prices right now are on Wayfair but to watch because the prices fluctuate pretty regularly.  

http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Power-Equipment-75531i-Generator/dp/B00BBDCE1S

816UdRC7v5L._SX450_.jpg

What would be a great price on this?  Right now...it's $857 on Amazon...

I found this on a site on Facebook, which I now see because I don't press the LIKE button anymore!  Anyway, long story, but you can use this if you have a flat and your jack is malfunctioning!  Freaky cool!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RY5NTK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007RY5NTK&linkCode=as2&tag=fascplactotra-20

51i9mgqp9CL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I found this on a site on Facebook, which I now see because I don't press the LIKE button anymore!  Anyway, long story, but you can use this if you have a flat and your jack is malfunctioning!  Freaky cool!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RY5NTK/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007RY5NTK&linkCode=as2&tag=fascplactotra-20

51i9mgqp9CL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

I would be afraid it would pop or something mid tire change. Or at least that would be my luck!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I think it's 819.00 on amazon when I clicked on the link. Although I didn't look if there was a shipping charge or not.

Yep... down to $819 with free shipping (Prime).  Hmmm.... 

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I would be afraid it would pop or something mid tire change. Or at least that would be my luck!

It is connected to your exhaust pipe.  For 250 bucks, if it popped, I would be wanting my money back.

3 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

It is connected to your exhaust pipe.  For 250 bucks, if it popped, I would be wanting my money back.

This or a similar one has been around since the 70's.  I remember reading about them when I had my 74 Jeep.  They were touted as being useful when off road and in soft terrain that wouldn't support a regular jack.