Hidden & Deliberate Mickeys

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Stef, if you're reading, how about next time we're all together, I put Donnie in a headlock and you kick him in the groin for me?

Holy cow, how did I miss this?!?!

YES!!! Count me in! >:D

Is there a hidden Mickey in the haunted Mansion when you circle around the glass ball? We`ve heard there was and for maybe 20+ times on the ride still have yet to spot it, are we looking for something thats not there?

There is one in the graveyard just before the ride ends. Inside one of the crypts.

Here's one of my favorite Hidden Mickeys.

I think this clearly meets the definition of a Hidden Mickey:

I had been in the room where this is many times before I finally noticed it.

And I only noticed it because I read about it in the Hidden Mickey guidebook they sell at WDW.

Has anyone else seen this one?

TCD

Is that at the WL?

Because it's out for anyone to see, IMO, it meets the description of a deliberate Mickey.

Is that at the WL?

Because it's out for anyone to see, IMO, it meets the description of a deliberate Mickey.

WL is kind of right.

This one is actually in the entry way for the Villas at Wilderness Lodge.

Since the carving is rather hard to spot, and not at all obvious, I maintain that it better fits the definition of a HM, no a DM.

Those definitions could use some work, aren't almost all HM's deliberate?

TCD

This one should be easy, we saw it this weekend:

IMG_20110625_150046.jpg

Carol-

This is kind of cheating, because you mentioned that you went to the Living Seas in Epcot in your trip report (and posted this same photo), so I am going to guess that this was in the Living Seas Pavilion in Epcot.

Keeping with the aquatic theme, does anyone know where this one is (I'm calling it a Hidden Mickey)?:

August2010001.jpg

TCD

Since the carving is rather hard to spot, and not at all obvious, I maintain that it better fits the definition of a HM, no a DM.

Those definitions could use some work, aren't almost all HM's deliberate?

TCD

Yup, there is some subjectivity to HM vs DM.

The way I decide, and it's just the way I do it, is if you're looking at the location and don't see it instantly, it's a HM.

If you happen to look at that location on the beam, you would know that it's a Mickey head and was intentionally put there as a design element of that beam.

Both of the water Mickeys are, IMO, HMs.

Yup, there is some subjectivity to HM vs DM.

The way I decide, and it's just the way I do it, is if you're looking at the location and don't see it instantly, it's a HM.

If you happen to look at that location on the beam, you would know that it's a Mickey head and was intentionally put there as a design element of that beam.

Both of the water Mickeys are, IMO, HMs.

OK- That clarification helps.

And, in the case of the Mickey head carved in the beam, then I agree with you- he's a DM.

TCD

• 7 months later...

With all of the controversy regarding Hidden Mickeys and Deliberate Mickeys started by that pot-stirrer Lisa and supported by trouble maker Dave, I thought a bump was in order.

Dave and his buddy TCD claim that their not into Hidden Mickeys. What a bunch of crap, everyone is into Hidden Mickeys.

BTW Lisa, this is my thread and that Mickey on your purse is a Deliberate Mickey, and thats that.

With all of the controversy regarding Hidden Mickeys and Deliberate Mickeys started by that pot-stirrer Lisa and supported by trouble maker Dave, I thought a bump was in order.

Dave and his buddy TCD claim that their not into Hidden Mickeys. What a bunch of crap, everyone is into Hidden Mickeys.

BTW Lisa, this is my thread and that Mickey on your purse is a Deliberate Mickey, and thats that.

How about if we call it "deliberately hidden"? ;)