Well, now Fast Passes, Quick Queue, Express Passes have left theme parks and gotten into the real world.

For Beer Heads out there that know of Cigar City Brewing in Tampa, you have heard of their once a year release of Hunahpu Beer on Hunahpu's Day (March 12 this year). This has turned into a major 3 ring circus over the last few years.  This year it has grown so large that they moved it off property to a city park.

It was either last year, or the year before that you had to start purchasing tickets to the event. Previously it was free, but you needed to get in line at the butt crack of dawn to get a wrist band allowing you to purchase the limited edition brew later in the day.

Well they just announced they are now selling 100 front of the line passes allowing you to get into the venue earlier for $25 per pass in addition to the $200 or $300 event ticket !  And those event tickets sold out in hours.

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

I like beer. In case I wasn't clear, "I LIKE BEER". However at $200-$300 dollars just to get in I'll pass and settle for the everyday, run of the mill brewery tour.

Heck for that kind of money I can go to my local specialty beer place and fill a cart with a HUGE assortment and have my own beerfest.  B)

We happened upon it 3 or 4 years ago, we were shopping at Home Depot next door and saw this long line of people. At that time it was free, you had to get a wrist band that allowed you purchase two bottles on the beer later in the day at $10 a bottle.

The next year I think it was still free, but you had to register ahead of time.  Since then, it has gotten more popular and expensive.

The $200 gets you 8 bottles of the Hunahpu Beer.  Not sure what extra you get for the $300.

And now you can't go unless you have a ticket.

6 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I would chip in for that. I might need a place to set up a tent though. Dont think driving home afterwards would be a good idea!

That can be arranged!  Plus the "guest house" will be open and plugged in and has a comfy queen bed in it.  :)