Staying off property, short cut needed, we made it OK to Springhill Suites

We are staying at a Springhill Suites at the intersection of Western Way and 429.

We plan on going to AK and possibly leaving from there to the hotel.

Looks like we are in the middle of no where as far as a direct route.

Should I backtrack to Western Way, or take Sherberth Rd towards 192?

Google maps shows a road off of Sherberth going thru Silver Lakes Resort which would eliminate a few miles and 192 traffic. but I cant tell if it's open to the public or a service road.

Any suggestions/shortcuts would be appreciated.

23 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

I agree. I'd take 429 S to 192 and then get on Black Lake Road to Sherberth Road.

Thanks.  Black Lake is almost to 192.

Google maps shows a road cutting towards that Silver Lake Resort right after Sherbeth takes that sweeping curve away from Osceola Pkwy.

Oops, nevermind, I just blew up the satellite image and it's a dirt road and looks like there may be a fence.

So it's Sherbeth to Black lake.

Thanks for the replies

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Mark- did you get one of your famous deals at the Springhill Suites?  That's a brand new property, and I think it includes a full breakfast.  What kind of deal did you get?

TCD

$62, with tax $70.  No parking fee, as far as we can tell no resort fee.

Breakfast, wi-fi pool, sauna.  Priceline customer rating was a 9.2

May or may not be a suite.  Said for that price was a standard room.  $119 with a fridge, microwave, etc.  So it might be just a suite w/o cooking facilities which for 1 night is no big deal.  My ice chest can keep the adult beverages cold.

That wasn't a mystery bid price either.  Just a Priceline deal, knew what we were getting when we booked it.

Wow- that's a fantastic price!

I stayed at a Springhill Suites in Anaheim when I moved my girls out to California last year- it was a studio with a full kitchen.  It was awesome having that full kitchen- and the free breakfast was very good.

Please report back on how you liked it- you will probably be less than 10 minute drive away from the All Star Resorts- for that price and what you get it's hard to justify paying Disney's prices.

4 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm guessing this is the Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossing?

I would take Western Way to Buena Vista Drive, turn right, then take the Osceola Parkway (the exit is at the McDonalds) to Animal Kingdom.

I would definitely take this route.  MUCH better than Sherberth/Black Lake Road/192.  I use it all the time to skip 192.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:13 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow- that's a fantastic price!

I stayed at a Springhill Suites in Anaheim when I moved my girls out to California last year- it was a studio with a full kitchen.  It was awesome having that full kitchen- and the free breakfast was very good.

Please report back on how you liked it- you will probably be less than 10 minute drive away from the All Star Resorts- for that price and what you get it's hard to justify paying Disney's prices.

The Western Way route won over Sherbeth do to the fact that's how Google routed us when we let AK, plus I wanted to see what this Western Way route was that everyone has talked about in other posts.

It was a quick trip to the hotel. 

It is out in the middle of nowhere literally.  There was the Springhill Suites and it's twin Townplace Suites, 1 stoplight, and open spaces!

The hotels share a pool, restaurant, and fitness center.

The Springhill has been open 3 months and the restaurant opened May 5th. Sometimes you got a wiff of new hotel smell, fresh paint and carpet. The place was very modern and clean. The rooms weren't a true Embassy style suite, it was one big divided room.  It had a sitting area with a fold out couch, small fridge and microwave.  There was a desk that separated this area from the "bedroom". The bathroom had a sliding pocket door with frosted glass and a glass enclosed shower, no tub.

The pool was a Y shape with straight up arms.  In the middle was an area to sit.  At the base of the Y was a zero entrance and behind it was the bar and restaurant.

We opted to eat at the restaurant instead of venturing out.  It had a decent variety from fish tacos to steak.  I had a 1/2 pound cheeseburger that came with a large side of thick cut fries.  My wife opted for a veggie wrap and they substituted a bowl of fruit for the fries. We ate outside by the bar. The bill with tax and tip came to $20.  It was fresh and large portions. We usually stay away from chain hotel dining since its usually bland, small portions, and overpriced.  But this was a pleasant surprise.

Later at night we had another surprise.  Our room was facing WDW property, and even though we were only on the second floor we had a great view of Wishes.  If we were up higher the view would've been even better.

Breakfast was pretty typical.  Real scrambled, sausage, waffles, etc. We ate outside on the poolside patio.

Overall this place was great, especially for the price we paid.  They did tell us that the Townplace Suites had some larger real suite style rooms.

Now here's my dilemma.  We told them we really enjoyed our stay and they asked us to give them a good rating on Trip Advisor.  But if we do that then this beautiful Eden will be known to the world and the price will rise and it'll be crowded and hard to book.

So lets keep this just among Fiends! :lol:

34 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for the review, Mark!

This place sounds like a great alternative!  Much nicer and easier than most of the other off-site places on the other side of WDW.

TCD

Yes, we were pleasantly surprised.

The day after we booked, my sister in law tried and the Priceline cost had jumped to $119 instead of the $62 we paid.

I know it's not the Fort, but $70 (with taxes) for a weekend night compared to about $80 for a partial site, it's a lot less hassle and more economical.

21 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I know it's not the Fort, but $70 (with taxes) for a weekend night compared to about $80 for a partial site, it's a lot less hassle and more economical.

There's really no comparison- you get a nice, clean room with air conditioning, a private bath, a TV with channels that work (no Stacy though), and a nice pool without any freeloaders hogging all the chairs and space.  Plus free breakfast!  It's really hard to say that paying $80 for a partial campsite is a better choice.

TCD