You know you are having a bad day when....

3 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

This was posted over the weekend from the beach at Daytona.  Why on earth this person was on the beach with his 5th wheel is beyond me, but different folks with different strokes.  In this case, a big tow truck!

13567359_10154306850099467_5279689110180224202_n.jpg

Holy hannah!  I know a lot of people think being able to drive on Daytona is cool, but um... seriously?!?!

And if that were the case shouldn't they be parallel to the water? The angle of the camper looks like they were intentionally trying to back it into the surf!

Unless they parked it hours before, took a nap and the surf snuck up on them.

But again... seriously?!?!

Love to have seen what it took to get them out of there.

3 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

It looks like a toy hauler, they were probably just trying to unload their jetski.......

Or fish from their back patio.....

Ok maybe... but still, seriously?!?!

On the upside, I'm probably glad that whomever thought this was a good idea isn't towing anything down the highway right now. :wacko:

Also, there's no picture or video proof of it happening and I'm posting about this publicly for the first time but I had a camper related bad day on Sunday.  The 5er is directly in the way of backing any of my cars out of the garage.  Usually, my wife stands back near the camper and lets me know when to stop so I can pull forward and turn the wheel and then back up again to straighten out so I can drive out of the driveway.  My driveway is "L" shaped. So the garage is the bottom part of the L.  Anyway, my wife took my truck to work as her car was at work still from the night before because well, she drank too much at the big party at the work and she rode home with me.  We both were staffing the annual battle reenactment.  I needed to take either the 47 Ford or the 84 Monte SS to work.  I open the garage door, hop in the Ford and back it out.  Visibility in the Ford is crap because of small windows and even much smaller mirrors.  I was backing out with my head out the window and all I could see was how close I was getting to the camper from the drivers side.  I never noticed that the slide was out but I did notice as soon I heard a crunch and felt it.  The slide wasn't out the night before!  I bent some of the trim on the slide and ended up putting a gash in the trunk of the Ford.  Fortunately at that spot it's fiberglass as it's at the area where the license plate is "frenched" into the trunk.  The camper I was able to bend back but I was livid at myself for not checking even though the slide should have never been out.  I get to work and a few hours later after I cool down, I call my wife up and she said she put the slide out that morning to get something but never put it back in.  

Two lessons were learned that day.  Double check the camper slide even though it should have never been out & next time, my wife can stay at the reenactment site overnight if she drinks the homemade peach moonshine I told her not to touch.

On 7/6/2016 at 5:55 PM, bhall said:

... I bent some of the trim on the slide and ended up putting a gash in the trunk of the Ford.  Fortunately at that spot it's fiberglass as it's at the area where the license plate is "frenched" into the trunk.  The camper I was able to bend back...

Oof!!  Glad the damage wasn't worse.  The first week we had this camper, DH backed it into a tree in the yard.  Same bloody tree that's been there for decades - whole time we owned 2 other campers, including the identical one this one replaced. Luckily he just bent the corner trim piece. He called me outside to see and was all upset.  I just shook my head and said "well you've put the first scratch in it - we're good now."

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Oof!!  Glad the damage wasn't worse.  The first week we had this camper, DH backed it into a tree in the yard.  Same bloody tree that's been there for decades - whole time we owned 2 other campers, including the identical one this one replaced. Luckily he just bent the corner trim piece. He called me outside to see and was all upset.  I just shook my head and said "well you've put the first scratch in it - we're good now."

The Ford sustained the worse of the damage unfortunately.  Moreso because we're trying to sell it as my wife hasn't found another full time job yet and unemployment has been unreliable.  I had a guy who was supposed to come tonight to look at it but he bailed out after I told him what happened.  Too bad I didn't hit the camper hard enough to roll it over into the little creek beside the driveway and the gap insurance could total it.  Save me $250/month :)

There are many questions with this video.  I am guessing that the major amount of damage was to the gas tank intake, which begs the question of why the hell are you going to drive away in this thing?  And, why are you not getting a tow truck?  Holly Hannah!  AND, this was right next to a gas station!!!!!

I found this on the news feed this morning.  The guy apparently forgot to put the truck in park and/or put the emergency brake on when putting the boat in the water.  Ouch.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/boat-launch-fail-what-happens-when-you-don-t-set-that-parking-brake

1 hour ago, AuburnJen said:

I found this on the news feed this morning.  The guy apparently forgot to put the truck in park and/or put the emergency brake on when putting the boat in the water.  Ouch.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/boat-launch-fail-what-happens-when-you-don-t-set-that-parking-brake

Man that stinks. I was close to being that guy back in 2004 or 2005.