Rocky Shoreline is now replacing sandy shores at the Lagoon.

7 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

Oh, I am too, however, there are a ton of lawyer types that would disagree with you.  They take up most of the air time on TV these days.  They also drive up our insurance costs on a daily bases.  

Fair point. I acquiesce :)

I had a water moccasin join me in a paddle boat one afternoon.  I think I may have walked on water that day.

And I normally like snakes, but she was very mad we were in her territory that day.  She got to have the boat for a while and I was very wet and muddy.

• 3 weeks later...

So the interweb is exploding with this attention grabbing headline

Rock wall built at Disney beach where gator attacked boy

LAKE BUENA VISTA -- 

A new rock wall around the lagoon where an alligator killed a toddler earlier this summer is nearly complete.

The barrier is part of a new security plan following the death of 2-year-old Lane Graves.

The wall is being constructed along the beaches of the Seven Seas Lagoon, where the Grand Floridian and Polynesian Village resorts are located.

Warning signs and a rope fence were added after the child was dragged into the water in June.

Before the incident, signs posted near the water warned guests against swimming.

In July, the boy’s family said they did not plan to sue Disney over the attack.

or this one

ORLANDO

Disney builds stone wall at lake where gator killed boy

Workers are building a stone wall around a Walt Disney World lake where an alligator killed a toddler earlier this summer. Disney officials told the Orlando Sentinel for a story published Sunday that the barrier wall is part of the new security plan following the death of 2-year-old Lane Graves of Omaha, Nebraska. The boulder wall is going up along the beaches of the Seven Seas Lagoon where several resorts are located. Disney also put up warning signs and ropes after Graves was dragged by an alligator into the lake June 14. The boy's body was found 16 hours later and an autopsy showed he died from drowning and traumatic injuries. The family decided not to file a lawsuit against Disney.

So, are they really building a "rock wall", or is it the stones that are being dumped along the shoreline that was reported here back on 7/17?

Of course any photos are stock ones from before the attack or right after showing the wood and rope barricade being erected.

Personally I think the author of the article is confused but am willing to be shown being wrong. When I first saw the news I was wondering was it really a rock wall or a rock barrier that they were talking about. If they were adding a rock wall to the GF beach I don't see why they would have put down the riprap instead of throwing up construction barriers and just building the wall. It would make sense at other beaches until they were able to work on them but seems to me is would just be in the way for construction crews.