New Bus Transportation from Parks to Disney Springs

The Disney Parks Blog just announced that there is now bus transportation directly from the Disney Parks to Disney Springs beginning at 4 pm every day. 

There are a lot of new restaurants and bars to try at Disney Springs, while there haven't been many new offerings at the parks.

Brilliant move on Disney's part.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/new-bus-service-offers-direct-access-to-disney-springs-from-theme-parks-after-4-p-m/

TCD

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

That sounds pretty good to me. We frequently leave the parks in the early afternoon and then head back to the park in the evening after eating out somewhere. Having the direct route from DS would let us skip at least one transfer.

They will only go from DS to resorts, not parks.  

35 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That's not very convenient. Oh well guess Disney won't get any extra money from us on park days.

It's not a huge deal actually. If you want to go back to MK from DS, just take the bus to the Contemporary and walk over.

If you want to go to Epcot after DS, take a bus to the Beach Club and walk over.

If you want to go to HS after DS, take a bus to the Boardwalk and walk over.

Animal Kingdom is the only one that isn't convenient, but that park closes early.

For all parks, you could also walk over to Saratoga Springs and take a bus from there to any of the parks.

18 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:
35 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That's not very convenient. Oh well guess Disney won't get any extra money from us on park days.

If you think about it, it's very smart on Disney's part.

If they had busses from DS back to the parks, everyone would park for free at DS to avoid paying for parking at the parks.

Or they could just start charging to park at DS.

Or they could give out vouchers to the people coming from the parks to get on busses back to the parks.

36 minutes ago, Travisma said:

If you think about it, it's very smart on Disney's part.

If they had busses from DS back to the parks, everyone would park for free at DS to avoid paying for parking at the parks.

Or they could just start charging to park at DS.

Or they could give out vouchers to the people coming from the parks to get on busses back to the parks.

I don't see why they couldn't use vouchers.

As far as free parking nothing stops people today from parking at DS then taking a bus to the parks via one of the resorts. In fact it is something I would likely do if I lived in the area.

13 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I don't see why they couldn't use vouchers.

As far as free parking nothing stops people today from parking at DS then taking a bus to the parks via one of the resorts. In fact it is something I would likely do if I lived in the area.

Same reason they don't make the Fort more secure.

They could do it easy enough, but they don't want to.

54 minutes ago, keith_h said:

I suspect for most people either they aren't aware or it's more of a hassle than paying the parking fee.

Or maybe Disney figures that if people are willing to waste that much time bus hopping just to avoid paying $18, more power to 'em.  ;)

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I suspect for most people either they aren't aware or it's more of a hassle than paying the parking fee.

Or maybe Disney figures that if people are willing to waste that much time bus hopping just to avoid paying $18, more power to 'em.  ;)

I'm retired and twenty bucks is well twenty bucks plus my time value has gotten to be a lot cheaper than it used to be.