OK, so... TheBigGuy and I are planning another trip to the Fort and he's looking at MS Streets and Trips.... its recommending a route new to us, we generally use the toll road to Western Way - this is recommending getting off the toll road at windermere and taking SR/CR535 to Vista Blvd..... any recommendations or suggestions??  We've not tried this route before.

Thanks!

I personally wouldn't go that way, construction, lights and traffic, not that it's all that bad and a lot of people do go that way. I just find it easier to just go to Western Way.

Well in that case:

Directions to WDW/Ft. Wilderness from I-75

I-75 S

Get off at exit 328 (approximately 140 miles from Georgia/Florida State Line, approximately 107 miles from I-10)

Travel on Florida Turnpike to Exit 267A (429S) (approximately 42 miles)

Travel on 429S to Exit 8 (Disney World/Hartzog Rd) (approximately 14 miles)

This road (Western Way) will take you to West Buena Vista Dr near Coronado Springs.

Turn right if going to All-Stars or Animal Kingdom Lodge, turn left if going anywhere else, then follow the Disney signs to your destination.

Tolls on the main Turnpike will be $2.50 for a standard vehicle. (More if pulling a trailer).

Tolls on 429S to Disney World will be just $1.00 as the Disney World Exit doesn't appear to charge a toll.

(I based the mileage on the exit numbers as they coincide with mile markers).

Well, if theres *one* thing I've learned.... trust campers when it comes to directions.  We'll ignore Microsoft Streets and Trips and go our usual way to the Fort..... it's just so smooth and uneventful to go Western Way - it's our regular route!

Dang.  Six months.  Hey BradyLiz (dang if I can remember the whole name)  We'll be bringing our 2 border/aussies with us and it looks like we'll be there the same time as you - perhaps they can form a big pack, and all wear each other out and make them sleep all night long??  :heart:

OK, should I ask someone to post the Western Way now, or wait, knowing that I will lose it between now and Halloween.  But if I wait, will I forget to ask by then.

This getting old thing is tougher than it looks. :heart:

How close to 26 are you?  We come thru Charlotte on 77 and into Rock Hill SC, cut across 26 in Columbia to I-95S.  We can make it from where we live in NC to the Fort in @9 hours.  Just over 600 miles.  6 more months

We are about 30 minutes from I-26.  We went that way last November - I-385 to I-26 to I-95.  It was okay.  Thought we might try going through Atlanta this year just for something different, esp. if i can get dh to leave early enough in the AM to avoid traffic in Atlanta.  Last year, we got up at 3AM to leave by 4AM and didn't get on the road until 7AM.  This year, I want to pack everything but the food the night before.