I've seen a ton of reviews on the Yeti cups and keeping ice for hours.  Curious if any of you have used one for coffee?  Trying to decide if I should spend the money on one...I'm not concerned about cold, just looking for something that will keep my coffee REALLY hot, for as long as possible (ideally 2 hours).

32 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I've seen a ton of reviews on the Yeti cups and keeping ice for hours.  Curious if any of you have used one for coffee?  Trying to decide if I should spend the money on one...I'm not concerned about cold, just looking for something that will keep my coffee REALLY hot, for as long as possible (ideally 2 hours).

Go to your friendly neighborhood Wal Mart sporting goods department and get the Ozark Trails  Feti (phony Yeti) cups.  

$10 for the 30 oz. or $8 for the 20 oz. ones. 

They are just as good as the $40 Yeti.  I compared them with ice and they were identical.

Sams club has a two pack for $20, and they have the closing slide lids where all the others have the open hole type.

And my daughter said that some of the Wal Marts are carrying colored ones.

Wal Mart on Black Friday had a 4 pack of 16 oz. Contigo travel tumblers for $20.  I have a small one of their water bottles and it works great and the lids seal really well.

I have 2 different style Thermos insulated stainless travel mugs, and they will keep my coffer burning hot for 3 hours and hot to warm for about 6.

The biggest issue with the Yeti type cups is the lids don't seal/aren't spill proof. They are a press fit.  They are pretty tight but can dislodge if dropped.

The Thermos and Contigos lids screw on and have some sort of seal you open to drink.

Good luck.

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

Go to your friendly neighborhood Wal Mart sporting goods department and get the Ozark Trails  Feti (phony Yeti) cups.  

$10 for the 30 oz. or $8 for the 20 oz. ones. 

They are just as good as the $40 Yeti.  I compared them with ice and they were identical.

Sams club has a two pack for $20, and they have the closing slide lids where all the others have the open hole type.

And my daughter said that some of the Wal Marts are carrying colored ones.

Wal Mart on Black Friday had a 4 pack of 16 oz. Contigo travel tumblers for $20.  I have a small one of their water bottles and it works great and the lids seal really well.

I have 2 different style Thermos insulated stainless travel mugs, and they will keep my coffer burning hot for 3 hours and hot to warm for about 6.

The biggest issue with the Yeti type cups is the lids don't seal/aren't spill proof. They are a press fit.  They are pretty tight but can dislodge if dropped.

The Thermos and Contigos lids screw on and have some sort of seal you open to drink.

Good luck.

Thanks.  You know what... we've used the Thermos brand kids cups (they have this press top lids with straws) for our kiddos for years... and they have kept ice water VERY COLD for HOURS in 90 degree weather.  So I might try that brand.

3 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Rtic and Ozark Trail are just as good. We own all 3, and they all perform the same. Your drink will stay hot all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I also recommend the Ozark Trail brand.

I never thought I wanted one, but Twin #1 gave me a tumbler for my birthday.  I use it all the time.  I only use mine for water.  It's amazing that ice stay frozen in it all day.  Even if I leave it in the car for hours.

TCD

Thank you both... I had actually looked at the Ozark one online this morning; maybe I'll try that first as that's an easy return to Walmart if it doesn't work :lol:

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks.  You know what... we've used the Thermos brand kids cups (they have this press top lids with straws) for our kiddos for years... and they have kept ice water VERY COLD for HOURS in 90 degree weather.  So I might try that brand.

Thank you both... I had actually looked at the Ozark one online this morning; maybe I'll try that first as that's an easy return to Walmart if it doesn't work :lol:

You won't return the Ozark ones, you'll be happy with them. 

The only problem is trying to locate a store that has them in stock.  Over the summer they were next to impossible to find, because all the crafters were buying them by the cases and putting vinyl cut outs on them, swirl painting them, stenciling them, and charging a fortune for them.

I think they are keeping them in stock now, I've been to a couple Wal Marts recently, and they both had ample supplies.

One thing to think about is getting one for hot and one for cold.  Stainless steel has a tendency of hanging onto coffee flavor and aroma even with numerous washes.

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

You won't return the Ozark ones, you'll be happy with them. 

The only problem is trying to locate a store that has them in stock.  Over the summer they were next to impossible to find, because all the crafters were buying them by the cases and putting vinyl cut outs on them, swirl painting them, stenciling them, and charging a fortune for them.

I think they are keeping them in stock now, I've been to a couple Wal Marts recently, and they both had ample supplies.

One thing to think about is getting one for hot and one for cold.  Stainless steel has a tendency of hanging onto coffee flavor and aroma even with numerous washes.

Thanks.  We have a Thermos brand thermos for water (it works great!!), so I'm only looking for one for coffee.  

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

As said above Rtic Yeti and Ozark all work the same. We have many in all 3 brands. Don't forget to get your husband one for cans for a beer while camping.

Good tip on beer...