New on eBay - ACCUCRAFT FORT WILDERNESS RR #3 DISNEY WORLD MODEL NEW

If there was a money tree in my backyard, I would get that for my Dad.  He loves trains and Disney.

Jen, you definately are a lucky girl  :)

We are a train family.  My dad and his dad, and his grandfather, great-grandfather, etc were all train buffs.  My dad had only girls.  I love my dad! :heart:

• 1 month later...

IMG00061-20101204-1007.jpg

We love the train Sets too! We are still waiting for the other cars but have the first beauty. We have one of the original passenger cars from the Fort and are currently looking for an engine. (keeping fingers crossed) :wiz:

I knew that the man that brought it to the fort sold it, had heard it was you that brought it. It is beautiful you are very lucky

Wow!!! Very nice!! That's not the same car that has visited the Fort a couple times in the past year or so, is it? I seem to recall that one being based out of Melbourne or somewhere near there...but maybe not?

Yes it was. I am so happy we know who bought it. It makes my heart warm to know it went to a good home. Please keep us updated if you find the engine. I will make a trip up there to see it!

Dave, Yes-you saw the car at the fort probably last September which is when we first saw it. We had to make a special trip back in November to the Fort to bring it home.

LornaDuck-HI! we spoke with you a bit I think in November-Hope you are well and yes, we got VERY lucky! We only had it in our yard covered in snow for a few days that was right when we got home. Now it a safe a cozy in its own building where we can go sit in it drink coffe and dream of being at the Fort!!

Auburjen,Thanks! And I will keep you posted on the Engine-I did find one, Mike Campbell has Engine#4 and a passenger car. I don't think I can talk him out of either one though :-[ But you can come see the car! :) you are welcome in Wisconsin any time. :wiz:

Auburjen,Thanks! And I will keep you posted on the Engine-I did find one, Mike Campbell has Engine#4 and a passenger car. I don't think I can talk him out of either one though :-[ But you can come see the car! :) you are welcome in Wisconsin any time. :wiz:

ohhh ohhh ***waves hand in air*** me too! me too! We drive 14+ hrs into Madison, with stops at the Dells & Middleton for the AG sale, every July and Oct. Can I come sit in it for a drink too one day? I'll bring the diet coke... :beer:

ohhh ohhh ***waves hand in air*** me too! me too! We drive 14+ hrs into Madison, with stops at the Dells & Middleton for the AG sale, every July and Oct. Can I come sit in it for a drink too one day? I'll bring the diet coke... :beer:

I will have Diet Coke-Let us know when you are ready!

• 4 weeks later...

I wish you luck on finding an authentic FWRR to head your coach. All 4 are in private hands, and to my knowledge none of the 3 owners are looking to rid themselves of their coaches or their engines! You can mosey over to the carolwood.com site to see a link to the Fort Wilderness RailRoad web site. Or you can goto burnsland.com and read the forums on the FWRR. Both sites have lots of info on the line. I personally wish I could have one of the engines and coach sets for my father in law who owns the KOA Lake Placid. He wants a train for the property, but he is gonna have to settle for a 1/8th scale Lilly Belle!

• 1 month later...

Disney girl 4 evr.,

Really glad you have this great piece of history and you appear to really have the interest to care for it. Just found out where it went from David L, I sure you will have a great time with it and the history it has behind it. Please send me an e-mail with your contact info as I also have one of these great cars out in California and would like to share info with you about it. I can give you a telephone number upon receipt of your e-mail. after all we have to stick together since we have a common thread.

IMG00061-20101204-1007.jpg

We love the train Sets too! We are still waiting for the other cars but have the first beauty. We have one of the original passenger cars from the Fort and are currently looking for an engine. (keeping fingers crossed) :wiz:

Hi FWRR2/3 and DisneyGirl4Evr......

I'm very happy the two of you have made contact. I worked with Bob Kelso at the WDW CPHS Un-Meeting last year and got the scoop that the car was for sale. So glad it has a happy home!

Goes along with my note: the Railroad Lives On!

Take care,

David Leaphart

Hi David,

How great to hear from you! I have sure enjoyed reading your books from cover to cover! The rail road DOES live on. I ride on it often with my morning coffee, Now if I could just get something to pull it...... :D We take real good care of it, aside from a bit of snow at Christmas time in our yard it has an indoor home. Just beautiful. Bob Kelso is wonderful (and still fuzzy)and we have become great friends. My daughter is convinced that he is indeed Santa Claus. We will be there in Sept and look forward to meeting you at the Un meeting! (I'm bringing my books for you to sign) :banana: See you there!

Take care,

Laura

Hi Folks,

Thought I would add the photo here of the Carolwood Pacific group from the 2010 annual meeting at WDW. The car was parked on the site that sat right on Fort Wilderness Trail in front of the Meadow Trading Post. Great spot!!! The fuzzy face guy on the left is Bob Kelso!!!

Take care,

David

emot-munch.gif

SmallGroup.jpg

I love it! :dance:

Hi Laura,

Thanks for your kind note! I'm glad you've enjoyed the books and sure looking forward to meeting you at the Un-Meeting....how fun...party0006.gif

I can't think of nicer place to have your morning coffee..and glad you and your family are enjoying the car....

A fun item for you...the picture below is of Suzi Schneider Ward standing on the car's platform last year. If you will look at the cover of the main book, that's "the same picture" of Suzi, except some years ago now (different car!). How bout that for a Then n Now!

Bob's a good guy and he is Santa Claus for the old railroad...thanks to him a lot of folks have been able to "touch" the railroad and not just see it in pictures....

Take care,

David

SuzionCar.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm sure that you got your answer by now regarding the FWRR artwork that hangs in the cabins in FW, but if not, here's what I know; The artist is Disney conceptual Collin Campbell. Sadly Mr Campbell passed 4/2/2011. Visit http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2011/04/11/remembering-disney-theme-park-conceptual-artist-collin-campbell-1926-2011.aspx?no_redirect=true for a nice tribute to the man and his abiiity. The only reproduction that I am aware of that was ever made available for purchase was in the book "The Art of Walt Disney World". Check Amazon for the book. Hope this helps. I' m looling for a FW print myself!