FortFiends.net helping local Eagle Scout candidate build bird sanctuary.

Our local pack 420 has an Eagle Scout candidate that is almost finished with his Eagle Scout project.  He is building a bird sanctuary and is in need of funding to finish his project.  FortFiends.net has just sent him a donation for supplies and has told him that whatever his needs are to let us know.

Eagle Scouts are the future leaders of our country. :heart:

Oooh, I just had to share.....

After last night, I got in a picture/content mood and have been going through old CDs of pictures (before I discovered Photobucket) and found this album of my son's scouting "life"  I won't post them all here, but here is the Photobucket link of the amazing adventures Scouting provides for a young man, from Tigers to Eagle

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/clkelley564/Matt%20Scouts/?albumview=slideshow

(Ooops, it's in reverse order, so from Eagle to Tigers)

After last night, I got in a picture/content mood and have been going through old CDs of pictures (before I discovered Photobucket) and found this album of my son's scouting "life"  I won't post them all here, but here is the Photobucket link of the amazing adventures Scouting provides for a young man, from Tigers to Eagle

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/clkelley564/Matt%20Scouts/?albumview=slideshow

That is so awesome to watch.  We usually do a slideshow like this at our Eagle COH's and it is my favorite part.  You just don't realize how much they grew up as you are going along but when you go back at look at it from the start to finish, it is just an awsome feeling.

That is so awesome to watch.  We usually do a slideshow like this at our Eagle COH's and it is my favorite part.  You just don't realize how much they grew up as you are going along but when you go back at look at it from the start to finish, it is just an awsome feeling.

That's exactly what it was, we just let it run up on the wall during the reception :-)  It had just been a few years since I had looked at it. (He earned his eagle in 2004, and his ceremony was in 2005).

VERY cool. 

Scouting is a great organization for young men.  Kept me on the straight and narrow. 

(Straight and narrow being the path connecting the boy scout camp with Camp Wannabaggabangbang...the girl scout camp). 

Hey, but seriously, scouting taught me an awful lot and was a great influence on me.  Very worthy project. 

I'm enjoying working with Matt in his scouting as well.  It's not easy, and there are some uncomfortable nights on the ground (next weekend is a camporee), but it gives me a chance to watch him grow through the tween to teen years and he seems willing to go for his Eagle!

Working on learning how to tie 6 knots quickly for a team competition this weekend (taught line, bowline, clove hitch, two half hitch, sheet bend and square knots).  He's also learning how to prepare menus and meals, work on camping essentials.  I think I'm learning a little along the way also.