Somehow my oldest daughter and I turned a bowl of mashed potatos at dinner into memories of hitting E.E. at rope drop one morning last Spring. Now we're homesick and ready to go back.

This is one of my most favorite rides.  When my son who was 4 at the time wanted to go on I jumped at the chance.  Here are some pics from his first time on EE.

This is how it started.

ExpeditionEverest00017-11.jpg

This was how it ended.

ExpeditionEverest00159-21.jpg

That is too cute.  My ds loved it when he was 4, now at 6 he is scared to death.  Last time he rode it, he lost a loose tooth  :popcorn:

I was lucky enough to ride a few times when not only the eagle was flying, but the Yeti actually moved - not Disco Yeti like now!

On our 1st trip in 04 to the fort my DD and I went to AK and when we were going to Tarzan Rocks we passed by a sign of EE and there wasn't much more than batter boards and dirt. We watched as they built it over the next 2 years. When we went in 06 they had a soft opening and we got to go on it. The girl told us it was the 1st day they were doing it and we were in the 3rd car of people going. Where is my pin that says I rode it first lol.

On our 1st trip in 04 to the fort my DD and I went to AK and when we were going to Tarzan Rocks we passed by a sign of EE and there wasn't much more than batter boards and dirt. We watched as they built it over the next 2 years. When we went in 06 they had a soft opening and we got to go on it. The girl told us it was the 1st day they were doing it and we were in the 3rd car of people going. Where is my pin that says I rode it first lol.

We went to the passholder even when it opened and have a couple of the event lanyards.  I rarely ride it anymore.  I have to admit, I'm getting a bit older.  The backwards ride gives my tummy a bit of a problem, and with the broke Yeti, just not worth the headache and upset tummy.

The only time it got to me was when FWGirl and I got fastpasses before we got in the regular line.  Riding twice in a row was a little much for us.  Had to sit on a bench for a while.

The only time it got to me was when FWGirl and I got fastpasses before we got in the regular line.  Riding twice in a row was a little much for us.  Had to sit on a bench for a while.

Once was plenty for me. I would ride again but never twice in a row.

doodlebug